ModifyPE

I done EVERYTHING by the letter

placed both file and modifype in the same folder

Typed in

ModifyPE.EXE shell32.dll -c

KK should work and throw back no errors etc

WRONG comes back with

Invalid parameter, type modifype for help

LMAO all i get is the list of switches ( -c used) and operatins (not used)

ANYONE cos this thing dont seem to work AT ALL

i tried 9 different source versions now and they all say the same

Please somebody must know

Cheers allen

2.a Use some common sense. Do not create identical topics or make identical posts in more than one forum. Think before posting and choose the right topic for your question or answer. Do not "bump" newly created topics until at least 24 hours have passed. If a topic is been "bumped" three times without any new replies, please consider reviewing and editing your original post and adding any information which you think may help other members in answering your question(s) or concern(s).

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=18408

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=141765

As I said elsewhere, ModifyPE gives invariably the "Invalid parameter, type modifype for help" error and refuses to work when run under Vista (and, presumably, also Win 7)...

[...] It's known since 2007, and never resolved, up to now. See this post, over at siginetsoftware. You may try PEChecksum, from the CodeProject, or you may try the old freeware PEChksum v0.99.0, from Bitsum Technologies, findable inside the PESuite. I cannot guarantee either Bitsum PEChksum or PEChecksum from the CodeProject will run OK in Vista [or Win 7]. It's up to you to try them and report your findings.
You asked for ideas, here above are two of them. Good luck! ...and keep us posted on your results.

nice one dencorso cheers for that

ModifyPE also doesnt like my system (64bit windows with 6 gig ram up it Now that I haven`t read anywhere lol) put it on my old (ANCIENT noah wants it back dell lappy LMAO overnight it did it) but it still comes back on boot with a bad checksum

tried a different shell 32 and the same thing occurs..

Any ideas

i tried searching the forums but it keeps thowing me back to the home page or comes up with nothing

Cheers Allen

mmm Ok think out loud here and out of the box

If i were to use the ORIGINAL shell 32.dll file in the root I386

Then in the $OEM$/system32 folder put the NEW shell32.dll file

Am I correct in thinking that windows will install with the original then bang the modded one in from the $OEM$ file

Or am i being stupid here.

its a modded one to look like win7 the sizes al spot on but the chksums are different (?????)

OR is there a way of telling the modded file that its checksum IS not what it thinks but what I tell it to be ( i have a basic understanding that they work on size and data within but thats about it)