windows xp x64 tiny

Krakatu

Hello to all, :thumbup

hope i am posting this in the right section, if not please excuse my ignorance,

am just after a bit of advice on a project i am doing. i am trying to make my own windows xp x64 tiny edition, and was wandering if anyone could put me in the right direction as to make it to 125 mb.

at the moment its 600 mb and what do i need to do to slim it right down to the 125 mb .

any help would be appreciated and i am using nlite.

as i am a complete noob at this sort of thing and thought i would ask the experts for there valued advice. and thanks for reading this.

;)

thank you

Edited by Krakatu

Well, the thing is that no one can answer your question truly. I'm guessing maybe you want to install it from a 128MB USB ? :) The thing is, no one can tell you what to remove from XP so that it reaches a certain size; you choose what to remove/keep according to your needs. So, after you know what you are going to use the pertinent machine for, then you will know what you can remove. nLite's forum also has a sticky post on what not to remove from the XP install so you keep your functionality.

After you go through what I've suggested, feel free to ask specific questions.

Well, the thing is that no one can answer your question truly. I'm guessing maybe you want to install it from a 128MB USB ? :) The thing is, no one can tell you what to remove from XP so that it reaches a certain size; you choose what to remove/keep according to your needs. So, after you know what you are going to use the pertinent machine for, then you will know what you can remove. nLite's forum also has a sticky post on what not to remove from the XP install so you keep your functionality.

After you go through what I've suggested, feel free to ask specific questions.

Many thanks SpOiLedBrAt for your response and will look at the sticky on what you have linked me!!

many thanks for your reply :thumbup