nLite and RVMI - LASTSESSION.INI files

hag672

Hi:

First of all Happy New Year to Everyone! May this year bring Happiness and Good Health to EVERYONE!

I have a WinXP CD slipstreamed with nLite. If I view the contents there are 2 files LASTSESSION.INI and LAST SESSION.U (at least that is what my screen reader is telling me - I'm blind).

Is there a way to slipstream an XP Pro cd without having these files? I attempted to use RVMI but couldn't find information on how to integrate service packs. I sent a message to RyanVM but haven't heard back.

I have a clean Windows XP Pro SP1a CD, and would like to slipstream SP@, and SP3 to bring it up to date.

I also have a VL copy from my old company that I wouldn't mind adding the corp files needed (I know them), to the new clean install. (I hope adding the corp files to the new install will not break the activation - I have my VL key). My Corp cd has stuff on it that is outdated, and I would simply like to create a disc that would be up to date for my personal use.

Thanks,

hag672 :rolleyes:

You can disable the creation of nLite logfiles under "Options" in nLite.

Note, you only need to slipstream SP3 and not also SP2. Instead of using nLite you can also just open a command-prompt and run something like:

xpsp3.exe -s:D:\Temp\XPCD

Corp files i won't get into...

You can disable the creation of nLite logfiles under "Options" in nLite.

Note, you only need to slipstream SP3 and not also SP2. Instead of using nLite you can also just open a command-prompt and run something like:

xpsp3.exe -s:D:\Temp\XPCD

Corp files i won't get into...

Hi:

Thank you for the info.

I went into nLite, to the Options at the end of where you create the install. I did not find anything to turn off the logfiles, but I found "Remove configuration from ISO" Enable or Disable. Is that the same thing?

My screen reader sometimes gets things a bit mixed up.

I renamed the Windps XP Sp3 x86 ENU.exe XPSP3.exe (shorted - thanks).

I used your -s switch, and the service pack came up with a list of switches.

I ran this from the command prompt: D:\DOWNLOAD\XPSP3.EXE /QUIET /NORESTART D:\DOWNLOAD\WINXP SP1A

My screen reader showed that something was going on, but wihen all was done, I checked the folder where I had copied the Windows XP SP1a files to, and found SP3 was not added (or at least I did not find the 1k file WIN51IP.SP3.

Again, Thanks,

Hag672

Edited by hag672

Sorry, i don't have nLite installed and i can't remember what the option specifically is named, but i now it's there...

Anyway, this is the command to run for your setup:

D:\DOWNLOAD\XPSP3.EXE -s:"D:\DOWNLOAD\WINXP SP1A"

CU, Martin :)

I went into nLite, to the Options at the end of where you create the install. I did not find anything to turn off the logfiles, but I found "Remove configuration from ISO" Enable or Disable. Is that the same thing?

It's the last in Misceleanous options, it's called "save a copy of your current configuration on the ISO.

But as stated, you don't need to actually run nLite (or just the "make iso" part but that part doesnt create .ini files)

What you did with your SP3 was install it on your running XP (if it was not before). It takes a while for the files to unpack even if there is no action as result.

I'm not sure about the /s switch that Martin H wants you to use but it's the "/integrate" you need.

"D:\DOWNLOAD\XPSP3.EXE /integrate:D:\DOWNLOAD\WINXP SP1A"

Do use the quotes as your last folder name contains a space.

As stated in KB262841, /s and /integrate are the same. ;)

Version 5.4.15.0 and later versions [of the Update.exe program] support the /integrate:path switch. For compatibility with older versions, the /s switch can be used.
Edited by 5eraph

When it's in the MSFN unattended guide, then don't you think they've tested it with that command before writing it...

Anyway, many command-line utillities supports both /x and -x for their parameters...

It didn't work for the OP because he used /quiet /norestart and neither -s /s or /integrate...