Acronis True Image Universal Restore and Driver Packs?

anthonyaudi

Hey guys I have a question, I am trying to use Acronis Universal Restore on a laptop.

The laptop keeps missing out on 2 drivers. Now during the universal restore it tells me that Windows will search for drivers in the Windows Drivers folder.

I downloaded all the latest Drivers packs and placed them in C:\windows\system32\drivers

but it does not install anything.

I am just wondering, is there a way to get acronis to install missing drivers during the universal restore or is it ONLY for HAL and SATA/SCSI to avoid blue screen?

I would really love to be able to have acronis install all the missing drivers during the restore??

Is this possible??

If so where would I have to put the drivers? (note in C:\windows\system32\drivers there are subfolders with all the drivers they aren't directly in THAT folder they are in C:\windows\system32\drivers\DP_Chipset and so on so forth.)

What version of Acronis True Image are you using?

IIRC Acronis does not include "driver packs" as they would increase the image size.

Best bet is probably to use Universal Restore as a HAL solution, and let Sysprep handle the driverpacks. I reccomend the driverpacks in the root of the drive to be detected and then removed after the image is restored.

Driverpacks.net Forum Universal Imaging http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewforum.php?id=30

Acronis User Guide PDF: http://download.acronis.com/pdf/BackupReco...serguide.en.pdf

Im actually using Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server v9.7.8206w Universal Restore

Im not 100% sure how to use the sysprep option? I was under the assumption that once booted into windows there would be a slew of unknown drivers that would just pop up and I can just go fetch the drivers manually but I get no prompts to add new hardware drivers.

I'm pretty new to Acronis so I don't know if there is something I can do to get the sysprep running.

The only way I know how to use sysprep is to run it right before I take my image and then after restoration of the image on a different machine sysprep would run on first boot. Even at that I don't even know if it would detect all the right drivers (i havent used sysprep in a while)

Is that what you mean with sysprep? (Run it right before I take the image and when it asks me to reboot I shut the machine down and then take the image so acronis takes care of the HAL and then on first boot sysprep runs?)

Is that what you mean with sysprep? (Run it right before I take the image and when it asks me to reboot I shut the machine down and then take the image so acronis takes care of the HAL and then on first boot sysprep runs?)

Yup, just point sysprep at the driverpacks, let acronis handle HAL. This is only relevant for XP, since Vista and the WIM format HAL detection is no longer a problem.