BSOD; System Service Expectation and other errors.

Beth

Hello to all!

So I have recently bought a new gaming PC in Aug 09, and for the past 3 months I have been getting BSOD errors. I have re-formated and cleaninstalled windows 7(64bit) twice and updated all my drivers with no avail, I still would get random BSOD, but only when I would play games (Go figure, gaming comp not being able to run WoW?)

These were just some of the Errors;

Page Fault in non-page area

IRQL not less or equal

Driver IRQL not less or equal

Bad Pool Header.

So after many emails back and forth with the people I bought my comp from they said to clean-install vista (what it came with) and update all my drivers and such, and I did.. After about 3 hours of getting it back up and running with the same settings and software as it did when I bought it, I now get the following error less then 2 minutes of playing WoW.

System Service Error.

Could anyone give me any advice how to stop these errors? And also if anyone knows if they are to do with hardware, software or drivers.

I would be SO very thankful for any information you could supply.

~Beth

Although for proper diagnostics we would need a full memory dump of the machine (how-to here: http://www.msfn.org/board/creating-memory-dumps-t130004.html), for start I'd recommend you download and run Memtest (available here: http://www.memtest.org/), then come back here with the results. Also, could you please tell us if the machine is overheating?

And welcome to THE forums too :hello:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello to all!

So I have recently bought a new gaming PC in Aug 09, and for the past 3 months I have been getting BSOD errors. I have re-formated and cleaninstalled windows 7(64bit) twice and updated all my drivers with no avail, I still would get random BSOD, but only when I would play games (Go figure, gaming comp not being able to run WoW?)

These were just some of the Errors;

Page Fault in non-page area

IRQL not less or equal

Driver IRQL not less or equal

Bad Pool Header.

Looks like your hardware is majorly unstable.

Looks like overclocking too much -or- need more Vcore for your CPU -or- you have faulty hardware.

These symptoms may be caused by the processor heatsink having an obstruction!

If you download and run Prime95, selecting "round off error checking" (or similar) and select "torture test", Prime95 should be able to tell you if your CPU is having a problem.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP