How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

the dx.sys is related to your graphics card. Which graphics card do you use? make sure you are using the latest drivers! nDIS.sys is part of the networking functionality of Windows. So make sure that you use the latest network card drivers. The 3rd driver belongs to your sound card. Which one do you use? The 4th driver is the USB port driver. Have you installed the chipset drivers for your mainboard? which USb devices do you use?

the dx.sys is related to your graphics card. Which graphics card do you use? make sure you are using the latest drivers! nDIS.sys is part of the networking functionality of Windows. So make sure that you use the latest network card drivers. The 3rd driver belongs to your sound card. Which one do you use? The 4th driver is the USB port driver. Have you installed the chipset drivers for your mainboard? which USb devices do you use?

82945G Graphics

Realtek RTL8168C Gigabit ethernet adapter

ALC888 sound chip

I have tried newer drivers, but it seems to make the problem worse or no better, right now it may not do it for weeks, then when it does act up it seems like it does it for several days, rebooting several times today, then its back to normal. I have tried to notice if I am doing anything different on those istorm days, but cannot correlate anything, I don't do much but surf and email, analyze a few minidumps occasionally.

I shut down the PC every night.

Here are the full hardware specs

http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=prodtmpspec&maincat_no=134&cat2_no=&cat3_no=&prod_no=1674

All I can do I guess is try the latest drivers again, maybe there are newer versions.

I am beginning to think it is a Windows 7 bug running on this particular hardware, just won't play nice together.

Thanks for looking.

right now it may not do it for weeks, then when it does act up it seems like it does it for several days, rebooting several times today, then its back to normal. I have tried to notice if I am doing anything different on those istorm days, but cannot correlate anything, I don't do much but surf and email, analyze a few minidumps occasionally.

I don't see anything new in the trace which helps you. Please Contact the MSI support and tell them about it.

What's your hardware? Please make sure you're using the latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

Hi! Sorry for the slow response, been away.

I've got the latest chipset drivers but I'm very unsure about the BIOS.

I'm running: Gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev 2.1

so i've been checking around on gigabytes site but the only BIOS related things are helping programs.

No direct updates / new versions...

please help :=)

I was running F8 :P

downloading F12 now

edit..couldnt find a F12 that works with 64bit =/

contacted gigabyte about it though

Edited by chazzi

I followed this and got an Unknown process with a bunch of functions like 0x85f9aa18 taking up a lot of CPU Usage... need help deciphering this :/ I tried PMing you MagicAndre but your inbox is full. Here's a capture tho:

ETL%20Capture.JPG

The unknown module, if it has an offset starting at 0x8xxxxxxx, is a kernel mode driver.

The reason I reached this website was because a process called System (description: NT Kernel & System) was using around 30% of my CPU during really CPU intensive parts of work, meaning my computer locked up or ran really slow. Only been happening in the last week or so (I reformatted a couple months ago to get rid of the W7 RC) :/ running W7 32bit, not sure if this helps.