help Windows ME

irfan

eeek its been a long time since ive installed Windows ME but I believe you will have to boot into DOS using a floppy and start setup from there (you can get bootdisk images form http://bootdisk.com)

I will be the first to tell you that Im not exactly current on legacy OSes but hopefully my tip will aim you in the right direction until one of our members who is more current on legacy OSes corrects me if im wrong :)

And if the first solution doesn't help, you may try to copy Me's installation CD on the HDD, boot from a floppy and start the install from the HDD.

But if your CD drive is on a Sata port, you may have to set the Bios to some Legacy mode instead of Ahci.

Even with W2k, for which Intel gives no Ahci P45 driver, the Legacy mode is requested, and it slows down the P45 a lot. For W2k I could use thankfully BlackWingCat's adapted driver to use Ahci on P45.

But if your CD drive is on a Sata port, you may have to set the Bios to some Legacy mode instead of Ahci.

That is likely to be the problem.Other solutions involve plugging an IDE cdrom or finding SATA cdrom drivers for your floppy (unless you do boot from an ME bootable CDrom?).