WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB973540-x86-ENU integration error

Bethrezen

hi all

im encountering an odd glitch when I try to integrate the following hot fix WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB973540-x86-ENU

this hot fix is a security up date for windows media player 9, 10 and 11 the default version of media player that comes on my disk is version 9 however for some reason when I try to integrate that patch its integrating the files for windows media player 11 when it should be integrating the files for windows media player 9

anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how to put a stop to it do you think this is a glitch with nlite or the actual patch its self ? I'm leaning towards nlite as the patch when installed from windows update does install correctly

[edit] OK after some further research it seems its not only the above hot fix that's not been integrated correctly it would appear as though other patches for windows media player have not been integrated correctly either as I have found additional files for windows media player 11 when they should be v9 files

OK how do I integrate these files correctly because it seems evident that nlite isn't doing it correctly due to the nature of the updates

Edited by Bethrezen

hi

thanks for ya response I came across that post when I was searching for an answer my problem is that it doesn't give sufficient information is there a post that gives some step by step instructions ? on how to use the /integrate switch to slipstream these troublesome patches correctly

Let's say your source is E:\MYXPSOURCE. Drag and drop WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB973540-x86-ENU.exe into the run box and add /integrate E:\MYXPSOURCE to the end. Now look in the svcpack folder and svcpack.inf to make sure 973540 is there.

Continue now with nLite.