nLite Not Loading Presets Correctly

Guest tuaris

The following items are not being applied when loading presets from a session.ini file. Their may be more, but these are the only ones I use, therefore the only ones I noticed. I am using version 1.4.9.1 on Windows XP Pro SP2, and trying to make a Windows XP Pro SP2 -> Windows XP Pro SP3 setup.

**Components**

Media Center

Tablet PC

.NET Framework

Blaster/Nanchi Removal Tool

Security Center

**Unattended**

Regional/Time Zone

Desktop themes/default theme

Network Settings (Keeps adding adapters for each load)

***options***

General/Misc/Keep Windows Media Player Compatibility

Patches/TCPIP Patch

SFC

It seems as the selections are being written to the session.ini file, but not being loaded from the file when asked. The problems also occur on a Spanish version of xp.

Also, as you may already know, Internet Explorer 8 does not integrate (like IE7 does) when added to the hot fixes list. I've confirmed this with both the IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ESN (Spanish) and IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU (English) versions downloaded from Microsoft's website.

Last_Session.ini

For your first problem, I recomment applying SP3 to your original source (with nLite or MS's /integrate method) with no other modification and use it as a starting source.

The problem I think is that the ini file is written based on the OS's content after SP integration, but is (at next session) loaded versus an OS before SP integration. Discrepencies (items that appeared with the SP) make some settings disappear from things "to be done".

For IE8, check this thread though you are more clear about what you do. +You'll have to find a spanish version.

tuaris, I suspect you are running nLite more than once against the same source. Here is my standard inculcation: Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. If you cannot find a Spanish AddOn for IE8, here is a procedure for creating one (although an SVC Pack, not slipstream). The thread is for XP x64, but is applicable to XP (32 bit). I use a saved Last Session each time I run nLite and have not problems. Of course, I always start with a fresh source. Enjoy, John.

I sometimes get this too, though I haven't investigated what differences in procedure result in this error.

When you hit those sections where your preset information is missing, you can reload the preset just for that section (click on the preset icon at the bottom of the windows).