Problem with WiXP and Internet connection

Eager_Beever

Hi, I have a desktop (Core2Duo 1.86GHz., 2 GB DDR2 RAM and 360 + 320 + 80 GB Harddisks). I use multiboot with WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Ultimate x86 SP2 and Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have a broadband internet connection. And I use a licensed copy of Kaspersky Internet Security which I have the habit of updating daily. Since last couple of weeks I am facing a peculiar problem in my WinXP. After about 5 - 9 minutes of connecting to the internet on WinXP data transfer stops but the connection is maintained. I have to manually terminate the connection, swith off the modem and wait for a couple of minutes (sometimes I have do this more than once), switch on the modem, wait for the modem and LAN connection to be steady and then connect again. But after 5 - 9 minutes the same thing happens. When the problem surfaced for the first time, I formatted and installed WinXP SP3 again along with all required softwares. The broadband connection worked OK for a few days but then it surfaced again. I have no problem to broadband connection in either Vista or Windows 7, where I can have a steady connection for as long as I want (I have tested for 10 hours non-stop connection). Hence we can rule out the Modem or the system hardware from being the culprit. The problem lies in WinXP only (software fault/corruption). Besides the broadband problem I do not have any other problem. I suspect Winsock corruption, but "Rizone's Winsock Repair v0.0.5.265" failed to solve the problem. I tried the command "netdiag /test:winsock" and got a result as to "M*crosoft Tun Miniport Adapter" may not be working and "NetBT Transports Test failed" + "No NetBT transports are configured".

I have thoroughly checked the system for any malware/trojan/virus etc. with the latest update but nothing was found.

Can anybody please suggest me a solution?? I am becoming desperate.

Thank you.

Eager_Beever