Portable Firefox 3.5 (hangs 2-3 seconds every 2-3 mins)

Snegithan

Hi All,

As i mentioned in the subject the portable firefox 3.5 keep hanging 2-3 seconds every 2-3 mins. I am running it on my sandisk pendrive. Before i make a switch to firefox 3.5, i was using firefox 3.0.x and its works fine for me. i disabled the session restore through the about:config but somehow the "undo closed tab" feature was not disabled. I believe that is component which writes to the disk every 1-2 mins about the current sessions. Anyone have any idea on how could i disable this feature? or please share with me if u have other workaround to fix the problem.

ps: "undo closed tab" feature will be disabled when session restore is set to false on firefox 3.0.x but not with firefox 3.5

http://portableapps.com/support/firefox_portable#performance

Disable Session Restore / Undo Close Tab

# In Firefox's address bar, type in about:config and then hit enter

# Right-click on any entry and select New - Boolean

# For the name, enter browser.sessionstore.enabled and click OK

# Select false and then click OK

Hi DigeratiPrime,

Thanks for the reply. I knew about disabling 'browser.sessionstore.enabled' through about:config. As i indicated on my message, disabling browser.sessionstore.enabled on firefox 3.5 seems not disabling "undo closed tabs" feature as it did on the earlier versions of firefox. I tried this on my local copy of firefox as well, but the its simply doesn't work. :no: