XP SP3 - Unattended - VLK issue

nostradumbass

Hi,

I am running nLite on XP SP3 ..

My source image is an XP SP3 ISO from MSDN ..

I am creating an image with Intel SATA drivers and other options ..

I am also entering in the Volume License Key and creating Unattended setup ..

This same key works with the ISO when doing setup with the original ISO on VMWARE ..

But with the nLite generated ISO, it asks me for the key during setup.

Can anyone point out what could be wrong? Do I need to post a nLite config file here? which one?

:blushing:

Not sure (can't remember), but I believe (read it somewhere maybe on MSFN) that VLK versions will always ask for the key regardless. May be wrong.... could be a parameter/keyword in the winnt.sif...

(you did say you nlited on XPSP3 to make an image of nlite-XPSP3...)

Errr, also see this -

http://www.msfn.org/board/slipstream-corpo...79.html&hl=

Edited by submix8c

Not sure (can't remember), but I believe (read it somewhere maybe on MSFN) that VLK versions will always ask for the key regardless. May be wrong.... could be a parameter/keyword in the winnt.sif...

(you did say you nlited on XPSP3 to make an image of nlite-XPSP3...)

Errr, also see this -

http://www.msfn.org/board/slipstream-corpo...79.html&hl=

I am running nLite on XP SP3.

I read the other threads, and definitely I am using an original XP SP3 Volume License ISO image downloaded from Microsoft's MSDN website.

>> VLK versions will always ask for the key regardless.

Are you sure about this?

OK coupla of things wrong here (I have had the same VLK since just after XP was released)

Yes, VLK will prompt for the key during setup.

NO you cannot skip this step with SP3 integrated. (Thats only for retail versions)

We need to kindly see your winnt.sif answer file that nLite generated. It will be in your I386 folder on the disk, please repkace your serial wih all X's...

Also are you sure your serial is still good? They blacklisted a whole bunch of serials in each service pack.

OK coupla of things wrong here (I have had the same VLK since just after XP was released)

Yes, VLK will prompt for the key during setup.

NO you cannot skip this step with SP3 integrated. (Thats only for retail versions)

We need to kindly see your winnt.sif answer file that nLite generated. It will be in your I386 folder on the disk, please repkace your serial wih all X's...

Also are you sure your serial is still good? They blacklisted a whole bunch of serials in each service pack.

>>Also are you sure your serial is still good? They blacklisted a whole bunch of serials in each service pack.

Yes, I mentioned this earlier.

"This same key works with the ISO when doing setup with the original ISO on VMWARE .."

>>NO you cannot skip this step with SP3 integrated. (Thats only for retail versions)

I mentioned that I downloaded the original Windows XP SP3 Volume License ISO from MSDN website. Is this a retail version?

>>We need to kindly see your winnt.sif answer file that nLite generated. It will be in your I386 folder on the disk, please repkace your serial wih all X's...

Is there something I need to do to get it to work? or is it impossible?

Do you still need the Winnt.sif file? Is there any hope?

Dear everyone [-X-, submix8x and Kelsenellenelvian],

It worked. The problem is that I was installing on VMWare workstation with Automated-installation option and when it (VMWare) gave the serial key prompt, I was leaving it blank. Later I tried 'Manual install' in VMWare and it worked fine.

So this was caused by VMWare automated install.

Thanks everyone for patience with me.