XPize 5

Tomalak

Hello all,

The famous XPize will soon appear in the final version 5. Currently release 5 is available (download and forum). In contrary to the older XPize 4 versions there is no commandline option any more that supports silent I386 patching, so this cannot be automated with hfslip.

However there is the possibility to do that patching via executing the program and directing it to an appropriate source directory. My question now is: where/when to insert this in the hfslip run?

My assumption is that I just have to add a "PAUSE" command somewhere (after the slipstreaming, before creating the iso image) so hfslip waits at that point, and continues after the XPize modifications are done. Can anyone give me a hint and tell me where exactly the best the location would be (will use the current beta "m" of 2009-06-06). Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Commander Tomalak

Create a cmd file that says pause in the hftools directory.

Wow, that easy? Thanks a lot, will try that.

Great support, by the way - thanks for staying with us remaining XP users and continuing hfslip development! :thumbup

Regards,

Tomalak

Another option if that doesn't work is to let hfslip run its course. After the ISO is made, you can run your xpize or whatever you want on the sourcess folder. Following that, if you want an ISO, you can type "makeiso" instead of "I have read the......" It will make a bootable iso using the sourcess folder. ;)

Another option if that doesn't work is to let hfslip run its course. After the ISO is made, you can run your xpize or whatever you want on the sourcess folder. Following that, if you want an ISO, you can type "makeiso" instead of "I have read the......" It will make a bootable iso using the sourcess folder. ;)

Hello tommyp,

The first idea does indeed not work - hfslip doesn't consider my cmd file and simply ignores it. So I'll follow the second path, although this has the annoyance that I cannot continue to use my current hfanswer.ini file which sets a reasonable default value for the AHTEST variable :whistle: