IRQL BSOD NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

crozbone12

Everytime I turn off my computer this Blue screen of death error appears with the codes listed below and I need help to solve this.

IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000A (0x00000000, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x86E9220)

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3

As cluberti said, that`s a misbehaving driver, but in order for us to pinpoint the culprit we need any .dmp files you may have in C:\Windows\ folder. Please upload them somewhere and come back with a link for us to download and have a look-see ;)

As cluberti said, that`s a misbehaving driver, but in order for us to pinpoint the culprit we need any .dmp files you may have in C:\Windows\ folder. Please upload them somewhere and come back with a link for us to download and have a look-see ;)

the DMP files are NOT stored in the Windows folder, nitropuppy. They're stored in the \Windows\Minidump\ folder as I remember correctly.

could be a mis-behaving or corrupted device driver causing that BSOD. had that a few times on my XP machine. replaced a bad driver that caused the problem with a clean one and the BSODs never came back.

the DMP files are NOT stored in the Windows folder, nitropuppy. They're stored in the \Windows\Minidump\ folder as I remember correctly.
Minidumps are indeed held in \windows\minidump, but they're notoriously useless. If you configure your machine for a kernel or complete dump, it will create the .dmp file directly in the Windows folder.

Minidumps are only good to tell you about very obvious crashes.

• 2 weeks later...
Minidumps are indeed held in \windows\minidump, but they're notoriously useless. If you configure your machine for a kernel or complete dump, it will create the .dmp file directly in the Windows folder.

Minidumps are only good to tell you about very obvious crashes.

in that case, we need to show the OP how to set XP to create kernel or complete memory dumps.

Open System Control panel, click on Advanced tab, then click on the Settings button in the "Startup and Recovery" section, then change the "Write debugging information" option from "Small Memory Dump" to either "Kernel Memory Dump" or "Complete Memory Dump". Then click OK on all the dialog boxes to save changes.

Kernel/Complete DMP files will be created in the %SystemRoot% folder. note that you must be a user with administrative privileges to make these settings changes.

Edited by erpdude8

could be a mis-behaving or corrupted device driver causing that BSOD. had that a few times on my XP machine. replaced a bad driver that caused the problem with a clean one and the BSODs never came back.

I was NOT talking about minidumps ;) As cluberti already said, there is a sticky on top of this section where you can learn how to set up your machine for a complete memory dump.

Cheers :)