Join Domain?

Hello everyone. I just want to create an unattended installation that automatically joins a domain. I've tried everything but it still doesn't join domain. I read somewhere that I might have to create a local user account in the answer file. Anyone know how to do that and am I even on the right track? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Add the Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin component to your answer file as follows: (for 32-bit x86 change the processorArchitecture value in the line accordingly)

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<Identification>

<Credentials>

<Password> domain account password </Password>

<Username> domain account in the form of domain\user </Username>

</Credentials>

<JoinDomain> name of the domain to join in AD naming format</JoinDomain>

<MachineObjectOU> OU to place machine account into in LDAP format OU="...",cn="....",dc="..." etc... </MachineObjectOU>

</Identification>

</component>

The credentials section is the account and password used to join the domain, this needs sufficient rights in AD.

The other settings are the name of the domain (in AD DNS format) and the full LDAP path for the OU where the machine account should be created.

Thanks for the replies but I'm new to all this. I don't understand anything. How do I create a local user account in windows system image manager?

Basically when you are new you need to do a ton of reading on the documentation that comes with the AIK. It is confusing at times. Don't I know it! :rolleyes: