no drivers for Shared HP Printer

Tripredacus

As of now we have 1 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 computer on the domain. There is a Windows XP Pro SP3 computer that has a shared printer (not a network printer) that is an HP LaserJet P1505. If you try to add the printer from Win7 you get an error. If you try to connect to the printer, it says there are no drivers for it.

I looked on HP's website and they do not have any Windows 7 drivers for this model. My question is, can I install the "Extra Drivers" on the XP computer using the Vista x64 driver package? And generally, can Vista x64 drivers work with Windows 7 x64?

Yep Windows Vista x64 drivers work great with Windows 7x64, I had exactly the same issue with them at work......

Yes that did work. The Additional Drivers button didn't give me even a Vista option, so I chose XP x64 and pointed to the Vista x64 drivers. It did it aok from there! :thumbup

Guest cman_hq

Remember that windows 7 is optimized windows vista with some improvements :D:)

I noticed that more problems appear when using intended software for windows vista on windows 7 than with vista intended drivers, a lot of vista only drivers work great on win7.

Edited by cman_hq