Integrating Drivers to mutiple computers

Henrique-S

1.) Integrate SP3 in your RTM-Source and give it atry in your VM

2.) Integrate Hotfixes or Hotfix-Packs, take look at RyanVM

§.) Integrate Drivers

So we can forget about the step 2 using the RyanVM's since it all can be done with nLite? Or should we use it for something in the entire process? If so, when can we use it/when can it be usefull?

1.) Integrate SP3 in your RTM-Source and give it atry in your VM

2.) Integrate Hotfixes or Hotfix-Packs, take look at RyanVM

§.) Integrate Drivers

So we can forget about the step 2 using the RyanVM's since it all can be done with nLite?
What g-force certainly meant was, that you may integrate any RyanVM Update Pack by using nLite.

EDIT: g-force was quicker, I didn't see, that he was online too.

Edited by Fernando 1

Nice idea G-Force :wacko:

This is a Portuguese Version - Pt-BR.

I think it is a localized version, not a MUI.

Got it from Wikipedia:

Multilingual User Interface (MUI) are packages from Microsoft for Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications that allow for the installation of multiple interface languages on a single system. On a system with MUI, each user would be able to select his or her own preferred display language.

So it is a localized version! PT-BR (Brazialian Portuguse - Português Brasileiro)

Thanks

Edited by Henrique-S

So THIS should be your preferred SP3. You can integrate SP3 in your XPCD first - and only - to get a clean source,

It`ll be the source from now on with everything you do.

I´m still searching if there`s an UpdatePack BR-PT out there, stay tuned.

So THIS should be your preferred SP3. You can integrate SP3 in your XPCD first - and only - to get a clean source,

It`ll be the source from now on with everything you do.

Thanks for the patience and endeavor G-Force!

There is also an ISO Version in portuguese - PT-Br (365.4 MB). I didn't posted before because maybe it would not be of interest of general public in this forum since it is in PT-Br, but there is also other languages (EN-Us - 544.9 MB) of this file.

I used this one to aplly the SP3. I don't really know if this is the one I should use, but everything went fine with it. I don't know too, why the PT-Br is 365.4 MB and the EN-Us is 544.9 MB. Anyway the link you posted is to download the same file that is included in the ISO File in the Portuguese version (302 Mb), so it's okay ;)

But as I told here I'm doing several tests with nLite so we can get some more experiences here. Therefore, any help, any advice, links and info are very appreciated!

:)

EDIT.

Anyway, let me explain that I downloaded the ISO Image File, then I extracted it to a folder and when I were supposed to apply the SP3 I just selected the 302Mb (WINDOWSXP-KB936929-SP3-X86-PTB.EXE) file inside that folder and nLite got the job done.

Edited by Henrique-S

So THIS should be your preferred SP3.

This is what you need. It is possible to work with that ISO - I`ve never done before.

I thought it was only for Offline-Installation - not Integration.

But if you were lucky - okay.

I just downloaded the software and this is a good option to download the updates!

I just have an issue: It downloads the updates to English Version of Windows... So, I think I'll need to download the updates manually from MS Download Website (Portuguse Version Here or here). I may use the list to get the 'hotfix' name and then download it manually for PT-Br Language. It's okay if I can't get other solution...

I were just wondering the following: :rolleyes:

I integrated the Service Pack 3 and tested it over VMware. When everything was installed I accessed the Windows Update Center through the Virtual Machine, and it asked me to install an Update to Access the Site. So I installed it, and then, it asked me to instal the (WGA) Windows Genuine Advantage and Other file I can not remember now... So I've got both installed and then I could acess the update list with several updates.

N.) Isn't there a way to download the files that Windows Update Center presented me so I can get the files in an organized manner like the Windows Update Downloader does? Please, if someone know how to do it, I'd be very glad if you could explain how to...

O.) If there is a way to do it, Isn't it better to us all to download from this way so we can always get the latest version of the updates? Any advices or observations on this?

Thanks,

Henrique

Edited by Henrique-S

@ Henrique-S:

Yes, you can collect all post-SP3 Hotfixes you have downloaded from Microsoft Update Server and put all of them into the XP CD by using nLite, but I ask you: Why do you want to do that?

The Windows XP CD you are going to create will be up-to-date just for several days (if you are lucky), but then you will need to download new hotfixes - or maybe even hotfixes to solve an issue of a previous already installed one. My opinion is, that you should not waste your time with these things.

You wrote, that you want to install Windows XP onto at least 5 different computers. Why don't you start doing it? A lot of people here have given you a lot of advices.

If you want to do everything at once, the risk is very high, that you will be disappointed with the result. And you will ask us, why the installation failed and we are trying to guess.

I can`t see the problem in choosing "Language: Portuguese-BR" when you see the Lists.

You change the language, click "Download" at "Windows XP SP3 x86" and open the download with WUD.

Now the correct list is loaded in WUD, you choose your downloadfolder and start download.

Edited by g-force

Don`t worry - everything will turn out right.

In my opinion only the "Critical Updates" are useful at this time, they include IE7 with his updates.

This folder should be about ~65mb, 32 files in it, names should have PTB in it.

I´m not really shure if nLite can integrate them all, some Hotfixes are sometimes rejected.

But that`s not a real difficulty - you can install them later manually or Windows Update.

As Fernando mentioned - every XPCD is not up-to-date within a couple of weeks.

Your next step should be integrating the downloaded hotfixes with nLite and burn ISO.

I know some users here give advice to run nLite only one time against the source,

but at this point we just want to save our work. So choose only Hotfixes and ISO in nLite.