Windows XP/Vista/ Spooler subsystem encountered a problem

I got an e-mail the other day in outlook 2007 from a person I know that had a PDF file attached. I can open it fine but everytime I try to print it freezes up my printer spooler. Then I can not delete the file out from the spooler on an XP machine. And when I try it on a Vista machine it does the same thing but completely removes all my printer. The only way that I can add printers back in is to boot into safe mode and then delete the spooler and driver files. Then I can boot back normal and add files back in.

This problem only happens when I try to printing a pdf file only from this person and just a few other people. If I get a pdf file from any other person it seems to work fine.

So I was wondering would anyone know why this happens and why when printing a PDF would it crash out the spooler so bad.

Try to find out what versions of Acrobat the PDFs were made in. Compare the working ones and the non-working ones. Also compare it with the version of the Reader you are using. Sometimes Acrobat will give you problems if your default Printer isn't an actual printer. For example, if your default Printer is the Distiller or the Office Image Writer. Also I think you can have multiple versions of Acrobat Reader installed, so you may need to use an older version for some files.

Try to find out what versions of Acrobat the PDFs were made in. Compare the working ones and the non-working ones. Also compare it with the version of the Reader you are using. Sometimes Acrobat will give you problems if your default Printer isn't an actual printer. For example, if your default Printer is the Distiller or the Office Image Writer. Also I think you can have multiple versions of Acrobat Reader installed, so you may need to use an older version for some files.

Thanks I will try that And I will let you know how I make out.

Thanks,

Deploysrs