Integration of AMD / ATI SB7XX textmode RAID / AHCI drivers on an XP

MikeD

The Day Walker!, I think you have the wrong drivers. What model MB do you have? Your first post says ASUS m4a78LT-M LE which is an ATI chip based board. Your RAID driver in your Last Session is labeled M3N78-EM\NVIDIA_AHCI_SATARAID. So which is it, ATI or nVidia? The ATI drivers are here. Enjoy, John.

hey buddy..if u check out the file closely...

there r 3 mobo drivers integrated....

the 1st 1 is for m4a78LT-m LE

2nd 1 is for M3N78-EM adn

teh third 1 is for M2N-MX SE

i have also tested with just integrating the m4a drivers only,,but same result.

after the windows xp loading screen appears,, BSOD.

i tested the drivers that have been posted in #2 in this thread, but my mobo doesnt detect it...

and keeps askin for drivers.....

i installed on another comp with the m3n78-em mobo...with the same dvd and it got installed perfectly.......2moro i m goin 2 install on m2n-mx se....and c the results...

just the problem is with ati drivers..i think...

help needed urgent....

thanx 4 helpin....

angel

Edited by The Day Walker!

The Day Walker!, if these various driver files have the same name (xxx.sys), then the last one to get there is the one that gets installed - the way it is with text mode drivers. It may not be the correct one - install only the correct driver for the MB. The question remains, which MB do you have on THIS computer? Enjoy, John.

What johnhc is saying is "do NOT integrate several SATA drivers for several motherboards using this method, or it will do exactly what it's doing now: fail". One driver will just overwrite the previous. If you want more than one SATA driver in your XP CD, you should use Driver Packs.

Cheers

pals...as i also said that ....i have also tried just integrating the mobo drivers..not multiple but the pc crashes at the same place...where it used to when i used the multiple drivers inst disk.

so multiple drivers is not the problem...as the inst isnt working with single drivers disk...also.

thanx

angel

oh...

i think every1 is confused.....

PROC:- X2 555 BE

MOBO:- M4A78LT-M LE

BIOS:- LATEST UPDATED (I THINK, 0507)

RAID Drivers integrated in dvd:- asus site..latest 4 my mobo (3.1.1740.127)

MOUSE:-USB

KB:-PS2

RAM;-2GB DDR3

HDD:-SEAGATE 500GB X 4 (RAID 10)

IF ANY MORE INFO...NEEDED THEN JUST ASK???

THANX

ANGEL

Edited by The Day Walker!

The Day Walker!, DL and extract the attached file. Include this driver and nothing else in your Driver section of nLite and see if your install goes OK. I got it from the link I provided above. Let us know. Enjoy, John.

k..will give this drivers a try...in the morning..but i dont think so it will work...

as they have the same driver version that i have tried....

i spelled wrong, (3.1.1740.127)

correct 1 is, (3.1.1540.127)

and the 1 which u sent me has the same verion no.

but still will give it a try.....

thanx

angel

did the integration...

and tried 2 install....

but same problem....

the hdd gets detected,, successfully, i create partition, format,it,,,adn then the installation starts...

after file copy, it says starting windows, then the pc restarts,, and i get the loading screen...

after the bar runs for around 2 times, same BSOD.

needed help..

thanx

angel

LAST SESSION.INI

The Day Walker!, I think you have the correct driver now, so there is something else going on. Make sure your BIOS is setup properly for your RAID and it is set to AHCI mode. Are you doing a full format? If not, please do. You may need to run Recovery Console and do a chkdsk.exe. When you burned the ISO to CD, did you do a verify? If not, please do. You could try any of several HDD configurations, including the individual drives to see if you can get past this error. Please let us know. Good luck, John.

my bios is set 2 raid mode.....

my hdd is new,, so unallocated......

just created 1 partition so that windows will get installed....

adn as for the dvd, i have verified..it....no errors...

well as for individual installation..ill check it out...

i installed windows 7 on the same setup, and it installed properly.... but win xp creates problem...

thanx

angel