How to remove drivers that I integrated?

Noisrevid

I integrated a driver that I need to remove now due to a conflict that makes my XP install come to a halt for about 30 minutes before it continues.. How do I remove a driver I integrated?

Thanks,

Jay

Noisrevid, remove it from what? The best way, obviously, is to start over with a fresh source. NLite places the drivers in a folder called NLDRV, but there may be references to them elsewhere. Enjoy, John.

Noisrevid, remove it from what? The best way, obviously, is to start over with a fresh source. NLite places the drivers in a folder called NLDRV, but there may be references to them elsewhere. Enjoy, John.

Remove it from the Nlited directory.. I was trying to avoid restarting from a fresh source again because I have all the 100+ changes in place already and don't want to redo them! Sigh.

Noisrevid, you can certainly try deleting it from the NLDRV folder. It will be in a folder named 001, 002, etc. Just delete the whole folder. I am fairly sure it will not get installed, but may produce errors during Setup. I also found a reference to one of my drivers in DOSNET.INF. You can also delete this reference. You may be digging a deep hole, so please keep copies of the stuff you are deleting or plan on starting over. Please let us know what you tried and the results. Good luck, John.

What kind of driver is it?

You may be able to disable the peice of hardware in the bios so that it doesn't detect it. Like the onboard sound and so on.

Then after setup completes you can manually install the driver.

I was trying to avoid restarting from a fresh source again because I have all the 100+ changes in place already and don't want to redo them!

Maybe a tip for the next time. You can save your nLite configuration as a preset. This way you only have to load the preset and you're good to go.

Noisrevid, beats is correct and your Preset should be available now unless you have both disabled the Option to save it and deleted it from the Presets folder. Your Last Session.ini should be in your nLited directory and with a date/time code in the nLite/Presets folder in the Program Files folder. Enjoy, John.