[SOLVED] Firefox 3.5 - No sound in flash video's

Rippie_DK

I know this is a old issue with Firefox and flash player, but hoping that someone can might help me resolve this.

I am running Windows 7 RC and Firefox 3.5 RC (upgraded today to final version). Now i ran windows 7 and Firefox 3.5 RC 1 and sound in flash was working fine. then i think i upgraded to RC2 of Firefox and then the issue started. Here is a list of what i have tried to do.

1. uninstalled the flash plugin and reinstalled it

2. Uninstalled flash plugin and uninstall firefox, install old firefox before 3.5 RC

3. Disable and enabale flash player plugin

4. Checked for flash player update, none available

5. Sound in flash works fine in Safari which uses same flash player plugin as firefox. Also sound works in IE 7/8

I hope someone can aid me as i use FF as my primary browser and this annoys me.

Rippie

Edited by Rippie_DK

Well, you might have better luck getting help with Firefox at Firefox Support.

Mike :)

Followup:

I was trying to find the link to a very detailed article on Firefox 3.5 setup that I read but I couldn't, sorry, but I do remember with

Firefox 3.5 being designed around HTML 5 that there is no need for some plug-ins due to the feature being built into the browser

and I believe flash audio and video is one of them. I guess this feature is more future intent than the present - my bad.

If you can't square it away by looking through the settings, have you tried about:config in the address bar?

Edited by gUiTaR_mIkE