This Is The Laptop Screen Right?

Redhatcc

ram test fine, screen isn't physically damaged, but about 1/2 of the time i turn the laptop on the screen goes completely white and i have to power the laptop off and turn it back on then the screen goes back normal.

this is generally the screen with it being a slight chance of being the inverter?

Hmm normally when inverters goes bad or at least starting to go bad, the screen will either go blank, but you can still see the desktop if you shine a light on it. But the system still works. What you described, sounds like the video card/driver.

Hook up the laptop to a monitor and see if it does it on there. That's good trouble shooting thing.

Another thing you could do is run a Linux live cd, like Ubuntu and see if the screen goes white that way. If not then its some sort of driver/software error. If it does go white then it's probably your video card.

That's the only thing I can think of.

I hope I helped!

Edited by Nerwin

I had that with a Compaq but only 1 in 10 times. It is not driver related as it is right from 1st second. Bad inverter makes the screen go dark. I don't know what causes the screen to go white. Probably a bad contact in the vide card connection. Maybe a cable problem.

the person actually has ordered a screen on themselves hence they said they had a good connection. i will hook it up when it gets here and report back here to let everyone else know what exactly was the issue. thanks.