hal.dll problem; everytime I finish setting windows up, hal.dll gets l

wajed

1)I wake up that morning and turned my pc on, suddenly a message saying that "hal.dll" was lost got on my screen...

2)I have no floppy drive, no CD-DVD drive.

3)I tried to install DOS on a flash in order to copy a new "hal.dll" from flash disk to system directory; and after hard work while trying to do that, I found out that I don`t have access to the OS partition in my HDD (from DOS).

4)Today I tried to install a new fresh OS (XP), and after a while I managed to get everything to work, but once I rebooted, hal.dll was missed again (whether I boot from the flash, or from the HDD)

I tried maybe 10 times to format the Flash and prepare it again, but the same happens; it first boots, and after a restart hal.dll is lost again.

So, what is the solution to this problem?

EDIT2: Today I tried every entry in the boot.ini and none worked (the first one give hal.dll error, the rest give "hardware" error. However, If I boot from USB Flash it totally works (till now, I only tried the firs entry)

Edited by wajed

Was Windows working fine before you got the error for a first time? If yes- the most common cause would be corrupted files system and/or hard disk playing up.

If this happened during setup- how is your hard disk partitioned? Which partition do you install Windows to?

Please try to describe exactly what steps you performed in details, I read your post several times and still do not understand the most of it.