Does SP2 allow changing highlight color in Aero Glass?

bizzybody

The "highlight" color that's nearly invisible, the one that cannot be changed to something that actually highlights what's selected...

Has Microsoft fixed that insult to human interface design (and to humans in their late 30's and older)? I suspect people who're colorblind also hate it.

I wish I'd been involved in the Vista beta testing. I'd have complained a lot about it, both for how nearly invisible it is and for the fact that it's not distinctively visually different enough. I've deleted many things accidentially because without carefully examining the screen it's extremely difficult to tell what's selected in Explorer.

How does a GUI faux pas like this make it all the way to RTM status?

Probably the same way the original Quicktime 4 did, the programmers collectively say "Frack you all! Style is more important than usability!" and ship the gawdaful thing, while making it impossible for users to change it to something that doesn't cause eyestrain- or the desire to beat the software stylists about the head with heavy objects...

if im not mistaken i think hes refferring to the Assembly, Cursors, Downloaded Installations part of this screenshot

post-158212-1245012132_thumb.jpg

as you can see i have changed the glass color to orange but everything else is still blue

he might also mean the highlight rectangle that is selecting Boot, Branding, de, and Debug

and no my system looks nothing like that. i changed the theme back the default for that shot. i use Aero Edge-White but the highlight rectangle is still the same color blue. GRRRRR

I dunno - that looks OK to me. I can easily tell what you're highlighting, vs what is and isn't highlighted. Again, I dunno what the OP is specifically getting at, but for what it's worth it looks easy enough to understand to me. Maybe I'm wierd? (don't answer that - rhetorical :P).

Screenshot? The highlight color in my Vista install is pretty easy for me to see, so perhaps it's the theme/color scheme you chose?

Yes! That nearly invisible super light blue color I can barely see. I'd love to see a hack for the default Aero Glass theme that just changes that highlight to white text on a dark blue background when files are selected in Windows Explorer.

The slightly darker blue of the selection lasso has enough contrast, same with the selection highlights on the Desktop. I set my desktop to a dark blue, no wallpaper image.

When I first got this laptop with Vista, one of the first things I did was switch the theme to the old "Classic" style. Well, it's not. Somehow Microsoft managed to make it *wrong*. Every little part of it is just off in some way.

I've never been able to get used to OS X's "Aqua". It's just too distracting. Microsoft has managed to make a 'pretty' interface win Aero Glass that's not distracting, except for that @#%%&ing light blue highlight color.