Toshiba Qosmio x305-701, and xp?

HolyPhoenix

Ok, so I tried my regular xp disc, because I hate vista, but it blue screens. Yay! Everyone already knows about that. Don't worry I know the problem. So I dowloaded the correct drivers from the sticky and got that all setup. Then tried again, and yay! No more blue screen.

I just have 1 question. I was wondering if I needed anymore drivers for it to work correctly before I install? I was reading some other notes on it, and it sounded like they needed drivers to get lan, and tons of other things working. The main one that I would need would be a lan driver, since that would help me connect to the internet to get the rest. But is it really needed? Or does xp by chance have a compatible driver already in there?

Best thing for now is to install your drivers (if you find them) after you've installed XP and you're sure they work fine. Yes, you will probably need some; VGA, LAN, sound, modem, wifi, maybe processor and chipset. Then later make a more suitable XP install disk if that is your intention (seeing you are posting this in the nLite forum) but that is only if you plan to reinstall quite a few times.