patches not getting installed

sanju

Hi,

I am a newbie to nlite..I tried to create a customized installation iso for windows 2003.In the hotfixes and patches session, i have added all the requited patches/hotfixes etc..However when i try a windows installation using the created iso, the patches are not getting installed automatically. to check if there is any issue with the patches included, i manually installed the patches. The patches got intsalled without any issue. However the patches require a reboot after the installation. Could this be the reason why the patches didnt get installed. Is there any method to resolve this. I had included SP2 during ISo creation and the built server has the service pack installed. Issue is only with the patches. Is there anything that i missed out during iso creation? Kindly help

If patches are installed, how can i verify?.. In fact i missed out one thing. Once the installation is over, i can see one sinle patch in add/remove programs and nothing else. So if i can see one patch, i should be able to see other patches also.right?

This is normal. The way to verify is to do this:

If you have a patch installed on your PC, find the version of the new file installed and then on your virtual install find the same file to check that it has the same version.

It's the same with me; in Add/Remove Programs there is only the Windows Media Runtime 11, while the other 30 patches don't show; they are directly integrated, since nLite unpacks the patches and copies the new file directly over the older version.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

If patches are installed, how can i verify?.. In fact i missed out one thing. Once the installation is over, i can see one sinle patch in add/remove programs and nothing else. So if i can see one patch, i should be able to see other patches also.right?

no because they were intergrated u cant uninstall them there not actually a patch anymore

sanju, I think you will see your updates in your Registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates. Please take a look and let us know what you find. I suspect b-man is correct and you cannot remove them, but do some searching and let us know what you find. Enjoy, John.

qfecheck /v

in a command prompt to see wich KB are installed. You may have to download qfecheck as it is not in a default Windows install.

You can also use WinUpdatesList by Nirsoft.

Edited by mooms

mooms, I DLed and tried to install qfecheck.exe on my VMware Server XP x64 and get the attached error. I find a setup.log in my Windows\Repair folder and it contains an entry for hal.dll. I could find no x64 version of qfecheck.exe, but the article you pointed to says it applies to x64. I extracted it and ran qfecheck.exe in a command prompt and was told that I have SP2 installed (correct) but no hot fixes (not true, several show in Add/Remove.) Any ideas? Thanks, John.