Merg data into Word 2007 from Excel 2007

HALK

I need to create a mail merg letter in Word 2007. I'm using an Excel 2007 spread sheet for my merged data. There are 2 columns in the spread sheet that are numbers with , ie: 234,631. When I do the merge, the commas do not come over. I have tried reformatting the colums and saving the spread sheet 3 different ways. This merged worked in Word 2003 using a spredsheet saved as a DDE, but I do not see this in Excel 2007. Any ideas on how to merg data with commas in the numbers.

Hal

Why not open both documents and just copy and paste the columns you want, or maybe convert to text?

I am missing the advantage of the mail merge in this scenario, are they different values for every recipient?

You need to apply a number format to the field in the Word document, not to the source in the Excel sheet.

The code is awkward, I would need to check if you cannot find it yourself, but it does work, it is similar to the "personalized" number format codes used in Excel, but obviously ;) it's not the same.

Richt click on the field, select Modify, then see if you can change the format directly or if you need to press the "Advanced Field Code" (or similar) button and add the format after a backslash.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Hi all,

i have an office enterprise 2007 aio dvd and i want to integrate sp1 and sp2 .In my 1st attempt,I tried office slipstreamer and succefully integrated serv packs ,but when i select a Setup.exe for AIO section, i get "Version you selected is not supported for this method".

So is there a way to integrate the setup.exe files for visio etc and create an aio offfice '07 dvd with service packs?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by nic01