How to adjust width of the screen

1am

Recently, I bought a small machine that can run windows 98se. It use VIA CX700 as southbridge. It works fine except when running old games, screens of some old games cannot show completely. Its width is greater than my LCD. I had already ajusted the LCD and installed the updated driver of the chipset. Do anyone know how to show the screen completely?

Drugwash, this is an LCD monitor. They have a fixed refresh rate of 60Hz.

They're also pretty crappy for older games, as they have one native resolution. Every other resolution it tries to emulate, which in most cases will make it look like the screen got smeared with vaseline.

Is this mean only use CRT can solve the problem? :rolleyes: Wow! I have an old one :sneaky:, I wonder it still works or not

Edited by 1am

TFT displays usually have an Auto-adjust button that may help with this issue. I don't think a CRT would make any difference, unless you take a screwdriver and tamper with its internals (totally NOT recommended!!!).

Well, actually CRTs may be more responsive to different refresh rates and screen resolutions so you may be lucky. ;)

Edited by Drugwash

CRT monitors are flexible. They don't have a native resolution. Different refresh rates are also supported. Be careful to not switch to a refresh rate that your monitor doesn't support, as that could damage it.