[SOLVED] Problem: nLite'd XP bootCD is not booting on Acer Aspire

Bishop

THE SOLUTION:

And as with a lot of things, the solution was a pretty simple one.

It seemed that indeed the SATA drivers where missing and making the installer unable to start.

John came with an idea here. With that idea and coupled with this guide and the drivers John had found I did another attempt.

I integrated the drivers with nlite, in 'text mode', burned another DVD-RW.

Result, the DVD booted into the installer without any problems.

Note: The drivers John has found where drivers from Acer, strangely enough these could not be found under the driverssection of the AOA150, but under the AOD150 driverssection. While apparently the AOA150 also has the same SATA HDD.

I have attached the drivers to the OP.

John, Jaclaz, and others, I can't thank you enough for the effort, time and willingless to think with me on this problem. You have been a tremendous help to me in the past few days. Thank you very much.

Bishop, great! Thanks for the detailed report. We finally found a situation we could deal with and now SUCCESS! I hope you can find a source that is less suspect than the one you found. Enjoy, John.

Bishop, great! Thanks for the detailed report. We finally found a situation we could deal with and now SUCCESS! I hope you can find a source that is less suspect than the one you found. Enjoy, John.

I found that that source is actually 100% accurate.

I was at my old work today and borrowed a XP Home Edition there that came with SP3 on it from Microsoft. The contents was the exact same as what I had.

Still, I decided to use that source just to be sure.

Thanks again!