Windows components disappear

Abyssal

Hi

I've got a problem making unattended cd of XP SP3 corporate

the settings in attached file work perfectly on russian version of OS, but then i tried to apply them to english version of the same OS - i got all optional components (media player, mspaint, rdp etc.) totally erased. I can't even install missing components from that cd using software manager.

Please, can you tell me why it happens?

LAST_SESSION.INI

did you do it in 1 session of nlite also had your English OS source been altered b4 u used it

when u done the nlite session did u have the files there to start with

Edited by b-man

I can't tell you the answer to your question, but I noticed 2 things in your last_session.ini:

1. you include Microsoft_UAA_Bus_Driver_for_High_Definition_Audio. I'm pretty sure it's included in Service Pack 3 for WinXP; I use the same UAA driver, so I was interested in that.

2. Target = Windows XP Professional SP3 - 5.1.2600.5503; the version I have is 5.1.2600.5512. Someone else will say if this makes a difference.

did you do it in 1 session of nlite also had your English OS source been altered b4 u used it

when u done the nlite session did u have the files there to start with

Yep, i delete files of failed session just as i see it failed

I can't tell you the answer to your question, but I noticed 2 things in your last_session.ini:

1. you include Microsoft_UAA_Bus_Driver_for_High_Definition_Audio. I'm pretty sure it's included in Service Pack 3 for WinXP; I use the same UAA driver, so I was interested in that.

2. Target = Windows XP Professional SP3 - 5.1.2600.5503; the version I have is 5.1.2600.5512. Someone else will say if this makes a difference.

Just didn't know that UAA is included in SP3, thanks! ) Used to slipstream it since SP2

Sp0iLedBrAt, great find on the version! I suspect Abyssal has a pre-release version of SP3.

Abyssal, please post the size (not size on disk) and the MD5 for the SP3 installer you are using.

I was really intrigued by your title. I don't know what you mean by deleting the files from your failed session. What you must do is create a fresh source folder by copying your original CD files/folders before you run nLite. Do you have booogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer installed on your system? My standard post: Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Sp0iLedBrAt, great find on the version! I suspect Abyssal has a pre-release version of SP3.

Abyssal, please post the size (not size on disk) and the MD5 for the SP3 installer you are using.

I was really intrigued by your title. I don't know what you mean by deleting the files from your failed session. What you must do is create a fresh source folder by copying your original CD files/folders before you run nLite. Do you have booogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer installed on your system? My standard post: Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Thanks for the response.

By deleting failed session files i mean that i totally clear folder with nlited windows files after i see it's unworkable. so it's 100% fresh source every time.

About wmp slipstreamer - i have version 1.4.2.0 installed.

About version of service pack - i've got a copy of windows with SP3 already installed. Don't really know, is it normal SP3 or not(the original disc of that **** corporate xp is in the central office in another country - so i never seen it with my own eyes)

i'll try to get older version and install sp3 by myself, but i don't think this will work, because i tried this settings(excluding "kill oobe" :) ) on OEM home and pro versions both SP2 and SP3, and result didn't change. Also i tried to use nlite on another PC. No change.

Ok, i see nobody here had this problem, maybe i'll try to find solution by myself. Thanks everyone

Abyssal, I still suspect your source. Try installing your original source unaltered. Do not even run nLite against it. See if the components are missing. You must have some modified Windows and if it is corporate, perhaps these were removed to keep employees from playing. BTW, nLite is licensed for personal use only and cannot be used for business purposes. Please see the license agreement (you agreed to when installing) in the nLite folder of your Program Files folder. Enjoy, John.

That last phrase was quite unexpectable )

nlite has featured support for corp. version, but i can't use it for my job because program's creator doesn't allow me to do that?.. ok i think thats another story and should be settled with nlite owner... though i do not sell it to anyone, i'm just making my own job a little easier, is it really business purpose?

What about components in source - they are untouched - that was easy to check - i just installed it )

But if there's a problem with version - i'll go get original files and patch it to sp3 by myself...