Truly murder IE :)

Does the installation of the cleaned out files work?

Any ideas on how to get rid of the Cache-Folders?

Cleaned out file installs do work but I have to say "sometimes" because depending on the file, you'll get a blank screen with only a mouse on first boot. It's been a loooong time since I tried and I don't remember which ones, sorry.

Cache folders, several ways.

In my fileset depending on the phase of the moon WIndows will just let you delete them. Or you can deny system permissions (that is to say, deny the system permission to read or write to them) and of course booting up with a PE disk and deleting them works too.

So, what will happen if I just delete all in the REGINST sections of the browseui.dll and shdocvw.dll ...?

Is this the right way, or I better backup my Windows install? :)

I have been using NT 5 without IE and above mentioned pesky .dlls

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...rt=#entry632606

Installed NT 5 according to Vorck's instruction

Made all the personal settings I wanted

Installed BlackBox

In registry deleted references to .dlls

Set default shell to blackbox

reboot

deleted .dlls

explorer.exe does not work; I use good old winfile, or 7zip; explorer replacements, like a43 works, but cannot copy/past files, you need to use "send to" which you should set up before elimination of .dlls

Some programs won't install because they want wininet.dll or urlmon.dll

flashplayer won't work without wininet.dll so i put a copy of wininet.dll in the directory where flashplayer is, but from there wininet.dll cannot access and write in winnt directory

• 2 months later...

Interesting findings, doswind! I did not want to go THAT extreme, but I still want to ger rid of the last IE cache files, so... You say that when the wininet.dll is no present, then flash did not work? Hmmm, that is a problem. Puting the wininet.dll into the Firefox/Plugins near the NPSWF32.dll, NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe and flashplayer.xpt do the trick? That would be good then :)

Now just how to hack the winlogon.exe to not load wininet.dll :)