new nlite addict

b-man

iv been a massive fan of customizing xp but only just found this beauty of a program a week ago

iv done the basics n got my first test run working via virtual machine to c what else i wanted to change ect

how do u guys download(and save) all the updates that u need so u can slipstream them into the install i need about 30 security updates but when i try to download some of them manually it keeps sending me in circles instead of the download link

once iv fixed that ill probably need help with other things lol

cheers very much thats gonna make it alot easier

i have deleted the virtual machine i had it running on so its too hard to find what 1s wouldnt download i clicked on hte link to bring it up some had the download link in them and i manually downloaded them but the others just linked to what it done without a download link

im still learning all the sites and forums about it at the moment

when i want to download and install updates i need to update the download manager and then b4 i can view the updates some genuine validation thing again!! is there like 200 versions out there now

is WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe the file im looking for

and what files is it for the genuine validation update and can these both be intergrated through nlite or as an addon

KB905474 and KB892130 are for validation and I think they are available as addons, but they will NOT show your copy of Windows as genuine (hope you don't have problems with this).

"b4 i can view the updates some genuine validation thing again!!" Are you talking about Windows Update?

About windowsupdateagent.exe, I tried to install it on my computer and it said all the files are already there; I'm guessing it's mostly for use on servers working with multiple workstations.

Hope this helped, if not, please be a bit more specific ;)

its a legal copy if thats what ur asking so i have no problems with that

yeah has helped me a bit. im not good at wording things so even tho there probably easy they sound complicated

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104 is the update agent, its needed to actually see the updates. i have found that by viewing my installed history