The Definitive HOW-TO Guide - Unattended Windows 7

there's really no need to google. Just start Windows 7 install and it takes care of the dual boot.

Yes I just found out, lol.

Pretty easy, made a partition of 30gb's.

Wait a few days then download and burn image of RC and then im good to go.

Then I should use WAIK and vLite?

Edited by Raoul90

Re WAIK, well, if you're a home use, like me, than it's really a waste of time to make your install unattended, in my opinion. I just don't do a whole lot of install, format, install, format, etc. to justify making an unattended. If you part of a corp. however, you might need to.

Re vLite - I do remove certain unnecessary components that I don't need, like media center but you have to be careful with vLite as it's not fully "compatible" with windows 7.

• 3 weeks later...

Oki, two more questions.

1) I got my new harddisk.

What size shall I make the partition of Windows 7?

I will probably install Office 2k7 on it and maybee some game. I was thinking about 40GB? Dunno exactly how much it uses right after fresh install. (will do a VM so I can check amount of GB's :)). So its not really a question :P

2) I currenty have an older X1900XT graphics card, but AMD stopped suporting the X1900 series (since Catalyst 9.3), so they havent made a Windows 7 Catalyst for my grapics card.. What drivers should I use then? Windows Vista X86 Catalyst 9.3? (since im going to use Win7 X86).

Edited by Raoul90

Oki, two more questions.

1) I got my new harddisk.

What size shall I make the partition of Windows 7?

I will probably install Office 2k7 on it and maybee some game. I was thinking about 40GB? Dunno exactly how much it uses right after fresh install. (will do a VM so I can check amount of GB's :)). So its not really a question :P

2) I currenty have an older X1900XT graphics card, but AMD stopped suporting the X1900 series (since Catalyst 9.3), so they havent made a Windows 7 Catalyst for my grapics card.. What drivers should I use then? Windows Vista X86 Catalyst 9.3? (since im going to use Win7 X86).

40 GB is good depends if you are going to dual boot which I done for awhile, Seven is solid so I don't anymore and we have almost a year to play with this RC

Yes use the Vista drivers but Seven is a lot more efficient with drivers than any other version. I have a X-Fi extremegamer it don't like so I inject that driver so can play my music while it installs the other apps