Problem with Media Player

Sotcr

When I slipstream the media Player, when the first logon is done and Windows is configuring some things, a pop.up shows than I have to rebot the computer. And this happen when Windows is configuring "Media Player"

Why's that?

And why a shortcut of mediaplayer is on the desktop?

And I still have the problem than "My Network Places" Does'nt show up

Here's the 2 sesions, the first one was for SP3 (MY Network Places was already gonne) and the second for hotfixes, IE and MP...

Ultima_Sesi_n__2009.04.20_18.04.25_.ini

Ultima_Sesi_n.ini

Edited by Sotcr

Hi Sotcr,

I personally don't integrate IE or WMP, so I can't help you much about that. I hope others will chime in.

What I can is offer you some comments on what I noticed:

You'd better merge the two passes you're doing (SP3 + hotfixes/addons) - it's not necessarily an error, but strange things have happened in the past with multiple passes (I witnessed them too myself). Your operations are not too complicated, so I think there's no reason to separate them.

About the "My Network Places" Does'nt show up - you need to enable the "tweaks page" in nLite and use it. Then you'll have, for example, in your Last Session.ini:

[Tweaks]

Desktop-My Network Places icon-Show

When I slipstream the media Player, when the first logon is done and Windows is configuring some things, a pop.up shows than I have to rebot the computer. And this happen when Windows is configuring "Media Player"

Why's that?

And why a shortcut of mediaplayer is on the desktop?

I can only speculate, but I think it's two different things going on (two addons; or normal windows operation + addon). If you can, give it time to finish (don't click on it immediately). And the shortcut is from the WMP installation.

And I think it was mentioned that IE8 can't be slipstreamed with nLite yet. But I see you have an addon, so probably you know more about the situation than me. :)

GL

Sotcr, I agree with GrofLuigi, but I would be stronger. I suspect all of your problems are probably caused by running nLite multiple times against the same source. I don't think you need Desktop-My Network Places icon-Show, but I could be wrong. IE8 AddOn should be fine - I use one. So I'll end with my standard line and ask you to try it and let us know what happens. Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Please edit your thread topic and change it to something more meaningful. Thanks, John.

Edited by johnhc

Sotcr, great title, thanks. I see I have "My Network Places" in my Start Menu in both my nLite install (VMware Server) and my real machine. I don't remember how it got there in my real machine, but it is specified in my nLite Last Session for my VM install. I am running XP x64, but not sure this makes a difference. I suggest you experiment and let us know your results. I also strongly suggest you try a virtual system if you are not using one. VirtualPC, VirtualBox and VMware Server are all free. Enjoy, John.

@Sotcr

You need to do it in nLite like on the screen shot.

post-127541-1240350354_thumb.png

And, how do you integrate WMP11? Are you using latest WMP11 Slipstreamer?

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Yes I am, I just downloaded this week the slipstreamer

I did all again, but this time, I dont install one hotfix that is specially for WMP11 and then, when nLite finish, I slipstream -WMp11 and the hotfix- appart and now there's no "REBOoT"

The only thing is than the Media Player shows the Menu bar by default, but I think than that is too much to ask :P

Sotcr, I will say it one more time. Please start with a fresh copy of your source and run nLite only one time. Also do no use WMP11 Slipstreamer after you run nLite on the same source. NLite will see your WMP11 installer and automatically call WMP11 Slipstreamer as long as it is installed on your system. SIMPLY place the WMP11 installer, followed by WMP11 updates in your hot fix section. That simple - NO repeated runs. When you have done this, please report your results and attach your Last Session. Enjoy, John.

I'm saying you than now everything is OK, just the menubar in the media player :P

I did all in a single pass, but I want to add the last hotfixes, is bad if I do a second pass for 5 hotfixes??

Hehe ok, thanks

And one last question, how do I make nLite to add the tweked Media Player instead of the "Vanilla" cuz if I add the media player with nLite, it install the "Vanilla" (WGA), this is the reason becouse I did all with nLite and then with media player Slipstreamer :)

You can do it with using separately WMP11 Slipstreamer. You just need to find out in which order you need to do it so everything works fine. Search on this forum, you should find it. You can also make your personal tweaks and run it on the first logon with batch maybe.

Cheers ;)