Keyboard Shortcuts ?

Hi !

Just had a problem with WPI (does not happen often!) :thumbup

I was testing a Vista installation with WPI on Microsoft Hyper-V and since there is no mouse available in Hyper-V virtual machines until one installs the integration tools (similar to the vmware tools) I was dependent on keyboard shortcuts.

Well, the problem was that I was not able to start the installation because no keyboard shortcut worked. I found a forum post from 2006, according to which the ENTER key was supposed to start the installation but even if I tried to shift focus onto the "Installation" button using the TAB key, it did not work. The TAB key worked fine by the way so I was able to choose the available software.

The best thing way that the ESC key worked fine so I was able to cancel WPI easily (which was not what I wanted).

This brings me, once again, to a feature I would really like to see in WPI:

Please, apart from enabling the ENTER key (or some other key) to start installation, add an option to remove both the "Exit" button and the ESC keyboardshortcut so that it is not that easy to skip an installation. I would like people to go with a few selected programs during an unattended installation but without them being able to easily skip that installation. So, IMHO, WPI should have a commandline switch to disable all easy ways to end without installing.

I know people could always use the task scheduler but at least make it a bit harder (hitting ESC is really, really easy).

Thanks for listening !

Alex