Vista and sleep.exe

I cannot locate any solution for an annoyance with Vista and WPIW. My scripts work perfectly except for one time consuming annoyance - After every single command you have to click on ok for the "open File - Security Warning" for sleep.exe. After every single command. In XP everything goes thorough with no delays.

Is there any way what so ever to bypass that confirmation for Vista? And no, it is not UAC as that is already off.

Thanks kindly :)

I think you may be missing what I am asking? The scripts etc run fine. All tools are on a network share, everything installs perfectly. The script is run as "Administrator", the account is an administrator.

To clarify the issue ... When running the script, each command runs but in Vista, after each command - Be it to install an application, create a folder, delete something, add favorites etc a box opens up:

"Open File - Security Warning".

The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?

Name: \\backup\wpi\wpi\Tools\sleep.exe

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

Type: Application

The options are to Run or cancel. If I click on Run - Away we go, no issue with installation. It is the Unknown Publisher that Vista is questioning after each command because of the sleep.exe command running. The bottom of that box says that the file does not have a valid signature that verifies its publisher. If User Access Control is on or off = No difference. This happens on every single computer with Vista - Surely other have the same issue because it is Vista?

I think you may be missing what I am asking? The scripts etc run fine. All tools are on a network share, everything installs perfectly. The script is run as "Administrator", the account is an administrator.

To clarify the issue ... When running the script, each command runs but in Vista, after each command - Be it to install an application, create a folder, delete something, add favorites etc a box opens up:

The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?

Name: \\backup\wpi\wpi\Tools\sleep.exe

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

Type: Application

The options are to Run or cancel. If I click on Run - Away we go, no issue with installation. It is the Unknown Publisher that Vista is questioning after each command because of the sleep.exe command running. The bottom of that box says that the file does not have a valid signature that verifies its publisher. If User Access Control is on or off = No difference. This happens on every single computer with Vista - Surely other have the same issue because it is Vista?

dk if this will work in your case but it disabled the file prompt for me! just use a reg file to import it into the registry when WPI Starts!

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/20...o-now-what.aspx

The easiest way is to set the environment variable "SEE_NO_ZONEMASKS" to 1.

If you'd rather call WPI.hta with a batch script then use this command before running WPI:

SET SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS=1

If you'd rather call WPI.hta with an AutoIT script then use this command before running WPI:

EnvSet("SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS",1)

Either way should prevent those messages from coming up entirely. Another way is through group policy, but that requires several registry changes. Changing the environment variable is much easier. This post, within the code posted, shows the registry keys that need to be added/changed if you'd prefer to do it that way.

I hope this helps.