Hardware Unknow on Nlite Installation!

Cauptain

Hello guys, me again.

Today I finish a new nlite image.

Run Vmware, select my new nlite iso, install normal.

After install, first login, I see a unkonow hardware...(see the shot below)

post-142570-1239571977_thumb.jpg

I´m tested on Virtualbox too (ver. 2.2.0), same error.

What´s this?? Any idea??

Tks for any help.

Cauptain

my spanish is a little rusty. english please.

Hi spacesurfer but it´s a Portuguese Brazilian language :thumbup

The error in english...

Yellow Sign = Unknow Hardware

In the tab = Details - Unknow Hardware - Id of Hardware - ROOT\LEGACY_RASMAN\0000

Cauptain

Cauptain, nLite does not deal with hardware. I can only speculate that your VM is not set up properly. You don't have the proper configuration or your VM system does not have the proper drivers for your virtual hardware. Have you asked the question and posted the screen shots on the VMware forum, or at least searched them for ideas? Does Windows run OK, except for the error you show us? Enjoy, John.

It seems more likely to me that you have removed drivers with nLite that are required for the hardware that your virtual machines emulate.

Please attach your "Last Session.ini" to your next reply.

Rasman = Remote Access Connection Manager

It's a service, needed for networking. You probably removed some networking components (ethernet?).

The first one is the video driver of the emulated virtual machine (VirtualBox). Probably you removed Display Adapters (old). Or it can be downloaded separately... search for it.

Third one, I don't know what it is. Please provide English description. And Last Session.ini (as attachment).

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi

You may try installing a full (un-nlited) version and see if the problem exists? If it does, then you need to find the drivers yourself somewhere.

If it does not, use a program called double driver or similar driver backup program to make a backup of these virtual drivers and install them in you nlited xp.

Cauptain, nLite does not deal with hardware. I can only speculate that your VM is not set up properly. You don't have the proper configuration or your VM system does not have the proper drivers for your virtual hardware. Have you asked the question and posted the screen shots on the VMware forum, or at least searched them for ideas? Does Windows run OK, except for the error you show us? Enjoy, John.

Hello Johnhc,

I know about Nlite not deal hardware, but it´s appear after a Nlite my XP-SP2 on SP3.

In my old XPSP2 Nlited, all working flawless.

I get a clean XP SP2 corporate image , nlited SP3 + IE7 + WMP 11 (boogies integrator). Close Nlite.

Reopen nlite and integrate KB updates + Addons . Create iso and install on vmware and virtualbox = screenshot error.

I made a new Virtual image, install nlite and create a fresh lite image...In some minutes I will post the result.

Cauptain

Cauptain, you should do it all in one nLite run. Boooogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer is built into nLite now, just install the latest WMP11 Slipstreamer and put WMP11 in the hot fix area and turn it loose. No multiple runs against the same source. Remember, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Hello guys, me again.

Today I finish a new nlite image.

Run Vmware, select my new nlite iso, install normal.

After install, first login, I see a unkonow hardware...(see the shot below)

post-142570-1239571977_thumb.jpg

I´m tested on Virtualbox too (ver. 2.2.0), same error.

What´s this?? Any idea??

Tks for any help.

Cauptain

Hi Cauptain.

I cant follow that language sorry [but appears those yellow exclamation marks are in same place. ] but I had the same problem still haven't had time to sort out and I think it is just your drivers for your Video card etc. As been experimenting installing Win Xp at course im doing using normal XP Pro CD and you get same thing when installed. So I dont think its a nlite issue. You might find it could be ok when you get all your drivers installed during installation. Interested to hear how it turns out. Maybe worth a try and see how it goes.

Cauptain, you should do it all in one nLite run. Boooogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer is built into nLite now, just install the latest WMP11 Slipstreamer and put WMP11 in the hot fix area and turn it loose. No multiple runs against the same source. Remember, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Hi Johnhc,

Today I make a fresh nlited image and for my surprise I find the error.

A addon make for someone (no site name, sorry) create the fake hardware.

Follow your tips: SP3 + WMP (Boooogy's Method) + IE 7 + KB updates only. Perfect install. :thumbup

Remake the steps above + ADDONS = Fake Hardware issue. :realmad:

The interesting thing...In the past all addons working but with WMP CAB addon :wacko:

Now I will recreate all addons, searching for defective Inis or Reg´s.

Many tks everybody (spacesurfer, Johnhc, zipzap, GrofLuigi and 5eraph) for replys.

Cauptain

Edited by Cauptain