cmi8338

starcraftmaster

Better check the VENDOR ID string in the registry. I have a C-Media CMI8738/C3DX card that's actually manufactured by Diamond Multimedia (appears as Xtreme Sound in Control Panel and Device Manager) and I managed to find their drivers (5.12.01.0046.5.1) after quite a bit of searching around. You may get lucky and find a manufacturer that still offers their drivers.

edit: apologies, card type CMI8335 was wrong, got confused. :blushing:

Oh and AFAICS, Diamond Multimedia have pulled their Win9x/NT/Linux drivers too. Outrageous! :(

Edited by Drugwash

CMI 8338 has a different ID string and may not be found in certain driver packages. Find your ID and check with this site for the vendor name; also look in the driver package, see if CMAUDIO.INF contains that ID string, otherwise it won't work.

I've struggled a lot with various packages found on the web, especially due to the lack of configuration options regarding the '3 vs. 5 jacks' issue. Eventually I did find a setup on one of my CDs that allows it and it's merely a matter of changing values in setup.ini (also possibly a different Setup.exe):

;CMI8738 Setup.ini for driver install

; web downloading upgrade package drivers
[InstallOption]

; WebSetup=0 for customers, 1 for downloading, 2 for single driver installation
WebSetup=1

; FullPackage=0 for web upgrade version, 1 for full package drivers
FullPackage=0

; DriverOnly=1 means install drivers only, 0 means install both APs and drivers.
DriverOnly=1

; InstallWDMDriver=0 means install VxD driver, 1 means install WDM driver
InstallWDMDriver=1

Edited by Drugwash