Can Not Find DAO350.dll When Launching VB6

Redhatcc

DAO is ancient crap (obsolete now -- doesn't even work on x64 platforms, from the Win 3.x days), and it's included with MDAC, so I'd suggest updating your MDAC, or to move to a dev environment that isn't over 10 years old. You can get MS VB Express 2008 SP1 for free, and lots more, over here.

Agreed, although if you're stuck with 6.0 for something specific you can put the .dll in question (if you can find the right version) in the same folder as the .exe, and create a <executablename>.exe.local file in that folder. It'll load any .dll files in that directory before attempting to load them from anywhere else, no matter what. This doesn't work on Vista or higher, but your screenie shows XP, so it would work there.

thanks for the reply, im currently on a xp sp3 machine but we require a very very small app here at work and decided to power up the vb6 engine to see if it would still work haha. will update my system/software to a newer environment that is more supported. thank you.

but your screenie shows XP
lol i had too look twice and see how you knew that, but it has been a long 10+ hour work day. thank you again.