Copy files to NTFS Drives

zamarac

I am using FastCopy program to copy large files from a Win98SE laptop to a USB2.0 NTFS-formatted hard drive, mounted in Win98SE (UnSP2.1a) via Paragon NTFS for Win98 driver. FastCopy can only copy from FAT32 to NTFS drive indirectly via OS Buffer, but usually 2-3 times faster than Win Explorer, and with much less drive head movement & overheating. It also allows to Pause / Resume via Stop / Cancel Button. However, if I set a max file size bigger than 2Gb (2048000 Kb) in NTFS OS Buffer Options, Copy operation fails even if actual file is very small. The error logs: Insufficient disk space. Files smaller than 2Gb are copyed without a problem with that settings. I can't copy 4Gb file in Win Explorer either due to overheating and system locking, so can't check if the same problem shows up. Files to FAT32 up to 4Gb are copyed normally in FastCopy, which probably pinpoints to flows in NTFS Driver. How to fix it? Any suggestings for a different fast & low on resources File Copy utility able to copy 4Gb files to NTSF under Win98SE with Pause / Resume?

Edited by zamarac

I am using FastCopy program to copy large files from a Win98SE laptop to a USB2.0 NTFS-formatted hard drive, mounted in Win98SE (UnSP2.1a) via Paragon NTFS for Win98 driver. FastCopy can only copy from FAT32 to NTFS drive indirectly via OS Buffer, but usually 2-3 times faster than Win Explorer, and with much less drive head movement & overheating. It also allows to Pause / Resume via Stop / Cancel Button. However, if I set a max file size bigger than 2Gb (2048000 Kb) in NTFS OS Buffer Options, Copy operation fails even if actual file is very small. The error logs: Insufficient disk space. Files smaller than 2Gb are copyed without a problem with that settings. I can't copy 4Gb file in Win Explorer either due to overheating and system locking, so can't check if the same problem shows up. Files to FAT32 up to 4Gb are copyed normally in FastCopy, which probably pinpoints to flows in NTFS Driver. How to fix it? Any suggestings for a different fast & low on resources File Copy utility able to copy 4Gb files to NTSF under Win98SE with Pause / Resume?

Try Copy 2GB+ by LLXX (this unofficial fix isn't on UnSP)

Edited by Philco