anybody using Firefox 2.0.0.22pre with 98?

the xt guy

What happened to the en-US versions? I may want to try this again some time. In the mean time, I have found that a fresh install of version 2.0.0.20 from downloaded copy seems to work better and is more stable than the continually patched version I was using. Seems faster than the April 1 version of the 2.0.0.22pre I had trouble with.

Further to my earlier positive post: I have to report that I've found Flash movie/FLV playback in 2.0.0.22pre to be not as smooth as in the last official Firefox release. In 2.0.0.22pre, playback is somewhat jerky and choppy. This was the case with both a clean install of 2.0.0.22pre and Flash, and an installation of the 2.0.0.22pre after having uninstalled 2.0.0.20 (using the usual Firefox uninstall routine, which leaves Firefox plugins and settings intact). In this latter scenario, I also experienced errors that stopped the playback of FLV movies.

Adobe Flash plugin version 9.0.159.

Shockwave version 10.2.0.23.

Edited by bristols

• 9 months later...

notice

:unsure: polish? This link only EN version....

Here you have link to the localized versions for Windows/Linux/Mac: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...ozilla1.8-l10n/

:realmad::realmad::realmad: why removed on ftp this version?

Don't forget it was a nightly build

The very last version before removing the build machine is here : ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...-04-mozilla1.8/

Unfortunately it was a en-US only :}

If you want to have a local release, you must use 2.0.0.20 version here : ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...2.0.0.20/win32/

;)

Don't forget it was a nightly build

The very last version before removing the build machine is here : ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...-04-mozilla1.8/

Unfortunately it was a en-US only :}

If you want to have a local release, you must use 2.0.0.20 version here : ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...2.0.0.20/win32/

;)

My archive this CS (czech) version :whistle:

Firefox 2.0.0.22pre (BonEcho) czech version

firefox-2.0.0.22pre.cs.win32.installer.exe

firefox-2.0.0.22pre.cs.win32.zip

There is an excellent and free view-source extension available if any of you haven't already seen it:

http://jennifermadden.com/scripts/ViewRenderedSource.html

Clever way of displaying nested tags, very efficient. The latest version (View Source Chart 3.0 for Firefox 3.6.*) installs and runs just fine also on Bon Echo.

IMO :hello: , & HTH

I don't know about superior. Depends on the purpose. This isn't a dedicated DOM tool, it's a quick source code viewer. If I want to seriously look at DOM I use Opera Dragonfly. And personal habit, but I figure I right-click and select "View Source" about 500% more times than I open Dragonfly.

Edited by chromatic47