Windows 7 Beta PE Bug Report

Tripredacus

This thread will be used by myself (and others can too) to view bugs that occur when using the Windows 7 Beta WAIK or OPK Tools. In order to post a bug to this thread, you need to specify the following:

1. Error or behaviour occuring

2. Screenshot of issue

3. Reason this is occurring

In short, this thread isn't for "I am getting this error and I don't know why", but to reveal bugs in the Beta version. Also, I will be heavily modifying this topic. This is only to be used as a tracker. Non-bug report posts will be split off and made into other threads, this includes discussion of bugs reported here.

I have one to start.

When creating a new Win PE, you use the copype command. After this command is run, it changes your prompt. For example, in my case it changed from:

c:\program files\windows opk\petools

to

c:\winpe_amd64

After you have completed using your image, using the following command:

dism /unmount-Wim /MountDir:c:\winpe_amd64\mount /commit

You will receive an error. This is because dism is still trying to use files within the mount point during the unmounting process. This did not occur in previous versions of the PETools. The error is:

Error: 5

General Access Denied Error

And it then returns you to the prompt where your Winpe.wim was mounted.

Here is a screenshot. Notice that the error box above is caused by the fact that I had explorer open to c:\winpe_amd64\mount, and Server 2008 does its automatic refresh deal, which produces this message. This is opposed to previous versions of Windows which relied on the user to refresh a window. And this window was also minimized as well.

th_winpe_error.jpg