[Release] Adobe Reader 9.1 Corporate/Lite

Guest XhmikosR

Guest XhmikosR
hi again! hope you don't mind asking...

On the new Step 10 instruction, do i need to physically move rt3d.dll into "program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader folder"?

No, you don't have to. It will be copied to that folder when you add rt3d.dll and save the MSI. (When you click Add, you are already in that folder; [ProgramFilesFolder]\Adobe\Reader 9.0 [iNSTALLDIR]\Reader)

Edited by XhmikosR

I've done a quick comparison between Shark007's v9.0 (Sep'08) vs XhmikosR's v9.1 (Mar'09) ...

files differences aside, i focused on the AcroRead.msi itself.

Shark007: 1.68 MB (1,763,840 bytes)

XhmikosR: 3.75 MB (3,936,256 bytes)

this is interesting because Shark007 may have done much more on the MSI itself.

maybe v9.1 Lite can still be reduced further? :D

Guest XhmikosR
I've done a quick comparison between Shark007's v9.0 (Sep'08) vs XhmikosR's v9.1 (Mar'09) ...

files differences aside, i focused on the AcroRead.msi itself.

Shark007: 1.68 MB (1,763,840 bytes)

XhmikosR: 3.75 MB (3,936,256 bytes)

this is interesting because Shark007 may have done much more on the MSI itself.

maybe v9.1 Lite can still be reduced further? :D

I'm not quite sure that this difference is only because of Shark007 having removed much more stuff. He maybe did, but for now I have already done everything I knew. You should also compare the sizes of the unmodified MSI of v9.0 and v9.1. If Shark007 has done more modifications to the MSI, then he might drop by and tell us his secrets.:) Or you can just experiment, like I did, and see what might come out of that. (That's the reason of the tutorial, I suppose :angel)

EDIT:

Original MSI sizes:

v9.0: 1.72 MB (1,812,480 bytes)

v9.1: 3.78 MB (3,971,072 bytes)

Difference: 2,158,592 bytes

Lite MSI sizes:

v9.0: 1.68 MB (1,763,840 bytes)

v9.1: 3.75 MB (3,936,256 bytes)

Difference: 2,172,146 bytes

v9.0 original-Lite MSI: 48,640 bytes

v9.1 original-Lite MSI: 34,816 bytes

Edited by XhmikosR

comparing the size of the MSI from one version to the next is pointless.

My original tutorial was complete. It had all the steps taken to create a Lite version.

I am quite satisfied that XhmikosR has successfully created a 9.1 Lite version worthy of re-distribution.

I will private message contact information to XhmikosR so that MajorGeeks can begin public re-distribution.

shark

Guest XhmikosR
3D is not working with this release. You can check it out with any of these files

Did the same 3D pdf work with Shark007's 9.0 Lite? Does it work with this rt3d.dll?

EDIT: And of course Shark007, is right.

Edited by XhmikosR

Shark: I did create mine, too. And didn't remove the Atmosphere_3D feature that installs rt3d.dll. I have the mst file I use (Spanish version, though, but it should work with the english one).

XhmikosR: did not. The same data parse error.

Uhm I'll have a look at something, got an idea.

By the way, I'm not really interested in 3d, but I tried it because some people requested 3d support in the past.

Edit: As I suspected, preserving rt3d.dll is not enough, the .x3d files are needed too. That solved the issue.

Edit2: By the way, with this release, the Create PDF using Acrobat.com shows up in the toolbar. Any idea on how to disable that?

Edited by darks0ul

Guest XhmikosR
Edit: As I suspected, preserving rt3d.dll is not enough, the .x3d files are needed too. That solved the issue.

Edit2: By the way, with this release, the Create PDF using Acrobat.com shows up in the toolbar. Any idea on how to disable that?

So 3D didn't work with v9.0 Lite with the fix that was posted in that topic?

You can disable it here: View-->Toolbars-->More Tools.

I've made some more changes. I'll post a new version for testing when I'll go home.

Edited by XhmikosR

So 3D didn't work with v9.0 Lite with the fix that was posted in that topic?

You can disable it here: View-->Toolbars-->More Tools.

I've made some more changes. I'll post a new version for testing when I'll go home.

The fix didn't work. In order to have 3D, the Atmosphere_3D component must not be removed from the MSI.

For the toolbar button, I mean silently (reg tweak?). Shark's version does not show it, and the version I created displays the button too (even though I disabled all online fetures using the customization wizard).

For the toolbar button, I mean silently (reg tweak?). Shark's version does not show it, and the version I created displays the button too (even though I disabled all online fetures using the customization wizard).
It is a new feature aspect of 9.1 that is why my version doesn't have it.

shark

It is a new feature aspect of 9.1 that is why my version doesn't have it.

shark

Hehe, I wonder what kind of people would need a button just to launch www.acrobat.com ...

Anyway, I disabled it manually, but could not find a registry key for that. I guess it will be just binary information stored in a preference file.