how can I install winxp pro sp2 on HCL GLOBAL LINE 2700 SO server?

coolday

how can I install winxp pro sp2 on HCL GLOBAL LINE 2700 SO server? I'd integrated the drivers for raid but didn't work .... It shows setup didn't find a h.d.d.

These are the manuals for the server

www.hclinfosystems.com/2700%20SO%204%20DIMM.pdf

www.hclinfosystems.in/2700SO.pdf

coolday, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. If you find a solution, please tells us about it, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Some of your faults:

1. you`re working on your desktop instead of a good working direction (other partition)

2. you unpack the DP-MassStorage and integrate the drivers with nLite - that won`t work, no integration as textmode

3. point 2. will mess up the rest of your drivers

coolday, I am not sure I understand g-force's reply, but I have some comments. You are running nLite under XP 32 bit for a 64 bit Server 2003. This will not work for an SP integration (which you are not doing), but is also suspect. It looks like you are including multiple text mode drivers for SATA and RAID. You need to include text mode drivers for only the drive where you will be installing Windows. If there are more than one text mode driver for the same device type, only the last will actually be saved. I would suggest you start by simplifying somewhat. You might try removing all your drivers, except your required text mode drivers and see if that works. Please let us know what you learn. In general, it is normally recommended that the _u.ini file not be posted since it often contains the CD key and passwords - no harm this time. Enjoy, John.

You are running nLite under XP 32 bit for a 64 bit Server 2003.

Are you sure? I can`t see that.

If it is like that, every driver is wrong, DPs are only for 32bit, the others drivers too.

Edited by g-force

g-force, at the top of his Last Session is the following:

[Main]
Env = 1.4.9.1 - 2.0.50727.1433.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Target = Windows Server 2003, Web SP0 - 5.2.3790.0 - English (United States)

Which means he is running 5.1.2600 (32 bit XP) and building for 5.2.3790 (64 bit). The first is the nLite version then the .NET Framework version. Enjoy, John.

g-force, at the top of his Last Session is the following:
[Main]
Env = 1.4.9.1 - 2.0.50727.1433.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Target = Windows Server 2003, Web SP0 - 5.2.3790.0 - English (United States)

Which means he is running 5.1.2600 (32 bit XP) and building for 5.2.3790 (64 bit). The first is the nLite version then the .NET Framework version. Enjoy, John.

Um, no... Windows Server 2003 Web Edition, no Service Pack.

5.1=XP

5.2=2K3

Not having installed 64-bit, can't say what the indicator is on that (have installed both of the x86 variety). Gotta ask the same "other" ? as g-force here...

Might be enlightening to know what coolday knows of what he's building on and what he's building using ?what?...

g-force, I could be wrong about this being a 64 bit version of Windows 2003. I run XP x64 and recognized the number - same as mine except the end 0 (mine is 5.2.3790.3959, SP2). Here is a good article on Windows versions. After some Googling I have not been able to determine how to tell if this is a 32 or 64 bit OS. I thought all 5.2 versions were 64 bit, but Wikipedia says not so. We'll have to wait for coolday to reply. I just did a Google on the .NET version. Mine is 2.0.50727.3082, perhaps a little higher than his. Never found any kind of problem with it. Here is a page with .NET version information. His is version 2.0 SP1. Mine is 2.0 SP2 (installed with 3.5 SP1). Another good Wikipedia site, this time .NET. Hope all this helps - I learned a lot! Enjoy, John.

Sorry for getting OffTopic, but we`re learning, too.

@coolday

We need information about your W2K-Version - is it 32bit or 64bit?

My Post is still guilty:

Some of your faults:

1. you`re working on your desktop instead of a good working direction (other partition)

2. you unpack the DP-MassStorage and integrate the drivers with nLite - that won`t work, no integration as textmode

3. point 2. will mess up the rest of your drivers

coolday, I still suggest you run the experiment in my previous post. Remove all drivers but the needed text mode drivers.

coolday, I am not sure I understand g-force's reply, but I have some comments. You are running nLite under XP 32 bit for a 64 bit Server 2003. This will not work for an SP integration (which you are not doing), but is also suspect. It looks like you are including multiple text mode drivers for SATA and RAID. You need to include text mode drivers for only the drive where you will be installing Windows. If there are more than one text mode driver for the same device type, only the last will actually be saved. I would suggest you start by simplifying somewhat. You might try removing all your drivers, except your required text mode drivers and see if that works. Please let us know what you learn. In general, it is normally recommended that the _u.ini file not be posted since it often contains the CD key and passwords - no harm this time. Enjoy, John.

I have uploaded the screenshots with the current installed windows 2000 server sp4 on the server.

This is the Intel! motherboard

I'm downloading the drivers. What the hell is the Intel® Deployment Assistant 2.5 for Intel®Server Board S5000VSA CD?

screenshots.rar

Edited by coolday