Need Help?

hi, can some1 please write the meanin of the silent install commands,

/S = ?

/SUPPRESSMSGBOXES = ?

/NORESTART = ?

/SP- = ?

etc

the main reason is that id like to stop Easy CD-DA Extractor 12 from startin up automatically after installation.

cheers james

still hav no relpys from previous posts please help!

Request! High Definition Audio Driver Package KB835221

Request! Microsoft Visual J#® 2.0 Redistributable Package Second E

Request! Google Toolbar For Firefox 3

Edited by jamesbebby

I just replied to the High Definition Audio thread.

/S is for silent, meaning no visual display of the installation.

/SUPRESSMSGBOXES is for not showing the user options or questions the installer might ask when ran normally.

/NORESTART is for preventing the installer to reboot the computer, even if the program needs a reboot to work properly.

An advice. You can read Inno setup o NSIS documentation to learn the meaning of their switches. Also, Microsoft has an extensive documentation system for Windows Installer (MSI) setups.

Edited by elajua

? Why would anybody do that when you were told to go somewhere where they are already listed? Each variation of Installers have different sets of switches. Search/read!

Sorry, but we help/assist; we don't do all the grunt work. Some is left up to you...

? Why would anybody do that when you were told to go somewhere where they are already listed? Each variation of Installers have different sets of switches. Search/read!

Sorry, but we help/assist; we don't do all the grunt work. Some is left up to you...

hi, i would just like to know what they all mean, like elajua knew the 3 i wrote on my first post, when i know what they mean i can start putin into use but in till i know im playin a guessin game? surly if people know what they mean its not hard to quick write a list, aint that just helpin?

iam quite new to all this everybodys goter start somewhere!

cheers james

feel free to give me some links.

Edited by jamesbebby

hi, i would just like to know what they all mean, like elajua knew the 3 i wrote on my first post, when i know what they mean i can start putin into use but in till i know im playin a guessin game? surly if people know what they mean its not hard to quick write a list, aint that just helpin?

iam quite new to all this everybodys goter start somewhere!

cheers james

feel free to give me some links.

Like i just said, just read Inno setup, NSIS setup and Windows Installer documentation, you can even search it for just the available switches and their meaning/actions. Just go to their websites, the docs are there.