[Win PE 3.0] autorun.dll corrupt

JerryDangle

Hi there,

I have a problem with Windows PE 3.0 - I am running Vista Business 32-bit, and I get the following error.

The exact error I get is "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xE0000100]".

I have created the Windows PE 3.0 ISO using "Run As Administrator" privileges for the batch files.

I can successfully boot the Windows PE 3.0 image either from CD or USB drive, I get the same error with both; this would indicate to me that the issue is not to do with burning the ISO to the CD (which I did at the slowest I could - 4x).

I have re-downloaded & re-installed WAIK 7 ISO thinking that maybe there was corruption with the download - still same problem as above.

Does anyone have any useful suggestions please?

Thanks,

Jerry

Edited by Tripredacus
Split topic

1. Do you have SP1 installed for Vista?

2. How much RAM on the clients that you boot to the PE?

I am not going to rule out ISO corruption. I've had to reburn the OPK3 for Windows 7 3 times and I can't even get it to install because the Windows PE folder fails a CRC check. After I get it installed myself I will see if I get anything similar.

1: Yes, I have SP1 installed for Vista.

2: The client has 2GB of RAM.

In the mean time, till I can get this resolved - I just downloaded the NOTHING.

I primarily want PE as a recovery tool.

Um, excuse my ignorance - but how do you perform a CRC check on the downloaded WAIK 7 ISO? I have searched, but couldn't find anything to say how?

Cheers

Edited by Tripredacus
the mentioned product contains warez and is not allowed here

As far as checking the CRC of an ISO, I do not know this answer. I have seen many issues with the newest WAIK ISO, including CRC errors, unable to burn properly. I have also experienced a problem with the new OPK ISO, which had 3 failed burns and I had to resort to mounting the ISO via an unsupported tool on Microsoft's site.

A link to this tool in within the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916902