cant boot from CDROM in AHCI mode.

aviv88

aviv88, sure, you can install the drivers after install. Do you still have the yellow device after installing drivers and restarting? Enjoy, John.
yes.

(and if i set on BIOS AHCImode - i get BSOD)

i install from this folder the setup.exe of MCP73

\GIGABYTE Motherboard ver 1.1\Chipset\IDE\MCP73

You cannot install a driver for a not existing device (as long as the SATA mode is set to IDE, the OS is not able to detect any AHCI Controller).

Nevertheless it is possible to get the AHCI mode enabled from within a running XP (by copying the needed driver into the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS folder and running a registry patch before setting the SATA mode to AHCI while rebooting), but this procedure is dangerous and not well developed for NVIDIA nForce AHCI systems. You may look here.

Suggestion:

Do a fresh install of XP by using a Windows XP CD with integrated NVIDIA nForce AHCI drivers. You should follow part B. of my guide (look here). Take the specific SATA_IDE driver folder for MCP73 chipsets I have linked to within my guide.

Good luck!

Fernando

but this procedure is dangerous and not well developed for NVIDIA nForce AHCI systems.
i got only blue screens ...

but as you say, i made fresh XP-install with the drivers in your guide:

(32bit nForce SATA_IDE drivers v10.3.0.42 WHQL).

everything working OK so far :)

to 'johnhc':

* after installation, i didnt run the drivers for this device from main-board CD

because they older than the nLite-integrated. it seems they covered more than the install phase.

(btw, it should turn to SCSI there...?? )

20090226-quk-26kb.jpg

(btw, it should turn to SCSI there...?? )
Have you looked into the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" section too?
i dont have there any 'SCSI and RAID Controllers' in Device Manager....

should i have one..?

If you don't have an "SCSI and RAID Controllers" section within the Device Manager, none of the Controllers is running in SCSI mode. This is not an issue.

If you want to use the hot plugging feature, you should install the free tool named "HotSwap!" (get it here).