Cant find Hard Drive

zipzap

Just Made a custom copy of XP pro and added Ryans Post SP2 update pack to try and keep it simple but when running using Virtual Box latest download and also using Nlite latest version it gets as far as starting to install and and says press enter to install and says no Hard Disk [ Or words to that effect.] Bit unsure where I went wrong.

Hadnt been slipstreamed before. I also tried using windows XP Home before and worked ok.I dont have to use a new version of Nlite each time do I.?

Last_Session_Xp_Pro.ini

Last_Session_Xp_Pro.ini

Edited by zipzap

Thanks for reply. Im not using a CD but trying in Virtual Box as mentioned and running image file from there. I have been reading these forums and other articles for a while so unsure why chipset drivers would be required. I did run XP home from there and worked ok.

The mother board is Abit KN9 S I might have to try that CD again maybe.

zipzap, you do not need hardware drivers for a virtual environment. I have not used VirtualBox (I use VMware Server), but I would look at your virtual definition of the HDD - is it connected, does it need something special from you such as text mode drivers? I don't see anything suspicious in your last session, so I would look at your VM definition. Also, make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.