Question about installation progress

Angelico_Payne

Are programs listed in batch file via RunOnce method installed before programs listed in batch file listed in winnt.sif via GuiRunOnce?

What I mean is, Is the progress like this:

Runonce ---installation

RESTART

WINNT.SIF GuiRunOnce method

windows logon

Cause otherwise service pack (meaning SP1 for .NET 1.1 e.g) wont apply.

Angelico_Payne, thanks for joining us here. I think my real problem is that I do not understand what you mean by the SP won't apply. Also, using a virtual system (e.g., VirtualPC, VirtualBox, VMware Server - all free), will allow you to test quickly and without making a CD. Enjoy, John.

Angelico_Payne, thanks for joining us here. I think my real problem is that I do not understand what you mean by the SP won't apply. Also, using a virtual system (e.g., VirtualPC, VirtualBox, VMware Server - all free), will allow you to test quickly and without making a CD. Enjoy, John.

I mean Service Pack for .NET.

Which means :

if I install .NET 1.1, and then service pack 1 for .NET 1.1, and hotfix for SP1,

via .cmd batch file, called during GuiRunOnce, without restarting,

service pack 1 is not installed (doesn't show in installed apps,and is offered again on windows update)

RunOnce and GuiRunOnce are started in the same time, on the first log-on.

Cheers ;)

U mean it is started simulteniously? Only one is gui based, one is "invisible"?

Angelico_Payne, I don't think both start at once. Based on my observation, all the nLite stuff is completed when the RunOnce exit is taken. I see a command window appear and can watch my items in the run. Can you see the SP1 installer running? Do you have Show updates checked in Add/Remove? In my exit, I install .NET 3.5 (why are you using the old one?) plus 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 (I'm running XP x64). All show up in Add/Remove. The funny thing is .NET does not. Enjoy, John.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think I will have sloved the issue using all in one pack from ryanvm forums, so I can be said that the problem has been solved.

Johnhc, I can see everything running and installing, but they dont show ap later in add/remove and is offered again from windows update site.