Issue with placement of autounattend.xml

Hi all,

I have an issue with getting things to work propperly with autounattend.xml.

I've made the unattended file and placed at the root of my bootable USB drive along with the Vista DVD and drivers I'll be needing.

When I boot from the HD, the autounattend.xml isn't detected for some reason. It will work, however, when I add:

copy %DriversRoot%\autounattend.xml x:\autounattend.xml

to the script inside boot.wim which searches for the drivers directory. That line is right before setup is launched.

Should I need to do this, or is there some obvious step I'm missing?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hey All,

Alltough this is my first reply on this forum I've been making unattended setups from XP, Vista and Windows 7 for a while. With XP it used to be easy, because either there are very good guides or simple programs to do stuff.

Now I am working on both 32 and 64 both Vista's but i get 1 problem with the autounattend.xml, I either use the one uploaded by the poster of this thread (thanks), or use the one generated by Vlite.

What I have been trying to do is integrate my own wallpaper, and trying to get that wallpaper to work after first boot. since the autounattend.xml has a display settings part I thought I'd simply add the following line

<DesktopBackground>%Systemdrive%\install\wally1.jpg</DesktopBackground>

so that would end up here in the xml file (or at least, thats where i put it)

<Display>

<ColorDepth>32</ColorDepth>

<DPI>120</DPI>

<HorizontalResolution>1024</HorizontalResolution>

<RefreshRate>75</RefreshRate>

<VerticalResolution>768</VerticalResolution>

<DesktopBackground>%Systemdrive%\install\wally1.jpg</DesktopBackground>

</Display>

the location of the file wally1.jpg is on the dvd \sources\$OEM$\$1\Install (added it in folder where i have my installers, which are run bij a setupcomplete.cmd, which works fine (maybe anyone knows a command i can add to that which sets wally1.jpg as my desktop background?).

as a conclusion: where should I add the line <DesktopBackground>%Systemdrive%\install\wally1.jpg</DesktopBackground> in the posters xml file to make it work, OR what command to add to the cmd file in my \sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Scripts folder on the dvd.

thanks in advance